Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Manager
Job ID: 2000005G
Location: FCT, Abuja
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Employee Status: Manager
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
- You will ensure the overall strategic coordination, day-to-day management, and key technical oversight of the Country Program’s (CP’s) ICT and ICT4D (ICT) functions in coordination with the Regional Information, Communications and Technology Systems Manager (RIM) to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- You will analyze and anticipate operational and programmatic ICT service needs and challenges and will introduce cost-effective technology improvement solutions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and service standards for optimal performance, integrity, security, and strategic alignment of systems.
- Master’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required. Equivalent combination of relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree and/or training/certification may substitute for advanced education.
- Examples of Certification requirements include Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible related professional experience.
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Expert grasp of evolving communication and data network/server technologies and tools, as well as backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
- Strong organization, planning, review, and monitoring skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Supervisory Responsibilities None:
- Supervising a team of ICT Officers accross the Country
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal Program Manager, ICT officers, Operations staff, CAT TA, GKIM.
- External CRS partners; RedRose team, Vendors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
- Plan, design, direct, and coordinate the installation, configuration, maintenance, availability and security of the CP’s office ICT environment, including the delivery network and ICT infrastructure; manage crisis situations to ensure ongoing ICT enablement of agency business.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure that ICT facilities and user devices meet these needs. Ensure timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests.
- Partner with program staff to prioritize and support integration and evolution of ICT solutions in improving program implementation.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, conduct supplier analysis, and assess effectiveness to ensure third-party services meet CRS business requirements and needs. Collaborate with Procurement to ensure ICT purchases are in line with CRS standards and in compliance with donor requirements. Provide strategic guidance and input to budget development with regard to ICT-related expenses.
- Assess and analyze ICT training needs. Provide capacity building (training, coaching, on-the-job support, etc.), remotely or on-site, to staff and partners in ICT-related areas to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
- Monitor ICT systems operations in terms of functionality, security and service delivery and provide statistical and analytical reports on ICT-related data, metrics, and trends. Collaborate with relevant staff to ensure inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software is maintained. Monitor functionality, anticipate supply needs and alert managers.
What We Offer
- CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Deadline: 11th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Position is for Nigerian’s nationals only.