Swift Consulting – We are experts in our fields of work, we use the most modern systems and up-to date knowledge to provide support in all fields particularly in Human Resources, Accounting and Finance, Facility Management, Health Maintenance, Education and Business Management. Our team consists of experts in different professions with a wealth of experience in different sectors both within and outside Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Attendant
Location: Ajebo-Abatan, in Ipara-Remo – Ogun
Job Type: Full Time
- We are recruiting to fill the role of Farm Attendants to be stationed at the farm.
- Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
- Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment
- Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
- Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
- Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
- Load agricultural products into trucks, and drive trucks to market or storage facilities.
- Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
- Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
- Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
- Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops.
- Clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
- Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
Candidate must possess:
- OND or HND in Horiculture, Agric Education or related courses.
Skills and Qualities:
- Abililty to multitask and work with teams
- Time management proficiency
- Ability to handle physically demanding work
- Skilled in applying pesticides and insecticides
Job Title: Crop Farm Supervisor
- We are recruiting to fill the role of a Crop Farm Supervisor to be stationed at the farm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Ability to solve problem and make decisions
- Must possess social skills and abilities
- Ability to Multitask and work under pressure
- Must possess relevant knowledge of farm practices
Job Title: Fish Farm Supervisor
Job type : Full Time
- Managing breeding and harvesting schedules and monitoring the health of the fish
- Recruiting, supervising and training the staff who feed fish and clean holding tanks and nets
- Making sure hygiene standards are high, to prevent disease
- Checking that the water quality and oxygen levels are right for the fish
- Keeping records of the numbers and size of fish
- Ordering equipment, chemicals and fish feed
- Keeping financial records, planning budgets and carrying out a range of administrative duties
- Arranging for stock to be sold
- Adhering to environmental standards
- Updating knowledge of fish health and nutrition
- Environment and nature conservation conscious.
- Have knowledge about administrative and managerial fish farming procedures.
- Possess well organizational, communication and personality and the ability to do tasks under a stress full environment.
- Ability to maintain a strict fishing schedule and plan
Deadline: 26th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letters and CVs with the “Job title” as subject to: email@example.com