Wellness Healthcare Limited was incorporated in 2008 (RC7440945). Wellness Pharmacy & Mart currently runs as retail chain business on all kinds of pharmaceutical products and has 4 outlets in Lagos serving numerous clients within and beyond the shores of the Metropolis.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Maryland, Lagos
- Under direction, the Medical Lab Technician performs a range of specified laboratory tests for use in clinical assessments, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and/or other specified medical conditions
- S/He also maintains the laboratory facilities & equipment to agreed or communicated standards and maintains/updates clients’ records.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- OND in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- 1 – 2 years post-completion experience
- Personal Attributes & Physical Demands
- Should be able to multi-task; capable of handling several issues at the same time to deliver results and meet desired deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and prepare samples from patients.
- Perform basic assigned tests in a timely fashion according to set Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Prepare required reagents, media, solutions and stains following established formulas and techniques. Organize work by sorting specimens, matching work orders with specimen labels, checking and logging specimens correctly & accurately.
- Arrange reports for collection, distribution or dispatch/delivery or send to patients via email on request/instruction
- Present test results and reports to senior laboratory staff when requested/required.
- Provide technical support to senior Laboratory Staff of the Unit
- Report any obstacles to the efficient operations of the Lab to the Lab Focal Person and/or such as problems with quality control and/or instrumentation, shortage of reagents, risk management concerns or computer problems.
- Ensures Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures are followed.
- Responsible for ongoing enhancement of professional competency by participating in quality monitoring, improvement programs, appropriate education and training and for documenting such participation.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities promptly in a professional, empathetic manner with an understanding of and respect for patients’ rights
- Collect and compile requests of reagents from the Lab; review them against the Unit’s stock.
- Conduct of weekly check on needed and/or expired reagents & consumables inventory; submits report to the Laboratory Supervisor/Focal Person for appropriate action.
- Monitor and register Lab. Refrigerator(s) / Room temperatures to ensure correct levels.
- Perform preventative maintenance and/or daily cleaning of laboratory equipment, work areas and nondisposable apparatus
- Conduct and/or supervise the cleaning of instruments and work-benches; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly at all times.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.