Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Studies Teacher
- The Business Studies Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instruction in Business Studies to students in JS 1-3 and Commerce to students in SS 1-3 in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in everyday life in relation to Business Studies and Commerce.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.Ed in Business Studies or its equivalent is required
- Any higher Degree or qualification, especially in the fields of Business Studies and Commerce, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role.
- Any other experience relating to Business Studies and Commerce is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and letters of attestation from three referees (in Microsoft Word formats) and scanned credentials to the “Human Resources Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to the “Principal” via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Hard copies of the above mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State
Application Deadline 30th June, 2020.