Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Strategic Information Intern
Term of Reference (TOR)
- To ensure that all facility-level assigned targets are reviewed and correctly entered into DATIM database within the timeline
- To ensure that program achievements from each health facility are reviewed and correctly entered into DATIM within the timeline
- To ensure that the entries on the MSFs in each health facility are correctly entered into the project’s DHIS.
- To ensure that the data on the project’s DHIS corresponds with entries in DATIM
- To support the SI advisors to review data entries into the DHIS
- To review patient level data generated on RADET database and ensure that they are correct, consistent, complete and timely
- Address any other M&E issues as they present.
Terms of Reference For Consultants
- Interns are expected to achieve all the objectives stated above
- Interns must ensure timely delivery of all the objectives
- Submit comprehensive end of contract report
- Submit duly signed original copies of all documents required for retirement of activities.
- Degree in Medical or Social Sciences and other related fields
- At least 1-2 years’ hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications. Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
Job Title: GIS Consultant
- The GIS consultant will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project.
- The GIS consultant will support the RISE team in preparing technical specifications of the appropriate hardware and software required to create the required GIS database.
- S/he will coordinate with the project team to recommend a GIS system including the themes and layers to be used.
- The GIS consultant will support spatial data collection, cleaning, quality assurance and analyses.
- The GIS consultant will develop cartographic products usable on several online platforms and hard copy communication materials, code for maps, run GIS automation and programming.
- Routinely update analysis and maps as required on the project and share these in appropriate and timely manner
- The GIS consultant will work closely with the SI Advisor in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc in Geography, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Geology, Surveying, Urban Planning and Geographic Information Systems.
- Relevant working knowledge of specialized software GIS packages: ArcGIS and QGIS to inform the development of web maps and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field based mobile data collection devices (i.e. ODK, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, etc)
- General knowledge of IT skills, including the use and manipulation of SQL databases and spreadsheets and programming languages (R, Python, etc)
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis package is an added advantage.
- Experience in map production, complex spatial data collection and management.
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
Deadline: 9th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Applications should be sent not later than the above closing date. Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer