Extended Stay – Grand Hotel is the hotel that specializes on Comfort and Luxury. The hotel has been considered as one of the best to be, anytime you need relaxation. The hotel bar is stocked with a range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and guests can relax in the well-furnished lounge area. Guests can also enjoy local and continental dishes at the on-site restaurant. The fully-equipped gym is open to all guests.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Culinary School Diploma preferred
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Deadline: 15th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com stating the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.