Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Planner
Ref Id: 808578
Location: Nigeria -Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
- As part of the KSA Supply Chain team, this role is responsible for providing the timely creation and communication of robust market demand to enable the delivery of Working Capital targets, Operating profit and Customer Service goals.
- The role is pivotal to drive optimal decisions between several functions including Sales Controllers and Customer Business Managers, Business Analysts, S&OP Teams and Customer Services in the 1 month to 2 year horizon.
- The role will translate consumer / sales demand, promotions, product introduction & rollover plans into an agreed forecast of market requirements on an on-going 18 month rolling basis, keeping systems and other information flows up to date.
- The role also includes the short term management/coordination of the execution of plans, communication of changes, issues and shortages, avoidance of obsolete products and stock run outs.
- The identification and delivery of process and capability improvement, and Cost Transformation and inventory optimization opportunities are expected in order to deliver team and business objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- For an agreed portfolio of products for the KSA, and in support of the KSA business plans
- Develop and maintain a monthly demand schedule by maintaining an 18 month rolling forecast at invoice SKU level
- Manage the monthly KSA MBO sign off forecast release process
- Drive improvements in forecast accuracy and bias
- Provide forecast insights and recommendations for quarterly financial & budget process, plus 5 year business plans, and category specific projects, innovation and strategies
- Manage forecast locations splits, roll-overs and allocation rules to optimize service and reduce obsolescence and cost exposure
- Drive improvements in the Demand Planning processes, including DIO optimization
- Support implementation of demand management best practices/strategies across categories and accounts
- Understand and communicate supply chain implications and solutions (when appropriate) of category-specific business plans.
- Work closely with SC and S&OP colleagues, especially Collaborative Planners, in support of tactical execution which meets business objectives.
The Individual Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BSc) or equivalent is desirable;
- Business/SC experience, ideally including a forecasting or sales and operations planning (S&OP) environment or with a proven track record in Supply Chain
- Fluent in English, highly numerate; first-class analytical skills including data manipulation
- Flexible approach – excellent leadership skills together with strong team ethic
- Experience of SAP APO, MS EXCEL®, BW and R/3 or similar systems desirable
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
- Nigeria market expansion.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online