Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client is AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited, a foremost engineering consulting company.
Due to the need for expansion, and necessity to meet the request from their clients, they hereby seek applications from suitable candidates to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Head of Operations and Projects
- The suitable candidate will report to the Chief operating officer. He must be a self -managed individual with extensive technical knowledge of the power sector (Generation, Transmission and Distribution) and very strong business development skills to drive the vision of the company and ensure Marketing efficiency and profitability
- He/she will also be responsible for the profitable management of our education and training partnerships with local and international institutions.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate departmental operations
- Job involves meeting and exceeding the company set target and increasing the company cliental database
- Confer or consult with department head to plan advertising services and to secure information on clients needs and customer specification
- Liaise with potential Customer regarding training, procurement, recruitment and other engineering consulting, project needs and solutions.
- Develop appropriate follow-up programs to ensure success of the proposal submitted
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Drawing comprehensive marketing plans for the company’s products
- Lead from the front in marketing the company’s products (Training, supplies, recruitment & outsourcing and projects), to the power companies.
- Managing and retaining existing clients and developing new channels of business
- Generate business mandates from clients.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Prepare sales budget and approve departmental budget expenditure
- Make presentations, and modifications on processes, to guarantee more efficient service delivery for maintaining client relationship
- Constantly review the company’s fee and cost structure to ensure that margins are optimal while remaining competitive.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably Master’s Degree holders in Power, Electrical / Electronic Engineering with upwards of 10 years experience
- Possession of MBA and COREN Certificate with some experience in a learning and / or an engineering consulting environment will be an advantage
- Interested candidates must be comfortable working in a target-driven environment with above average management skills.
- He will have an above average knowledge of the projects and maintenance requirements of the power generation, transmission or distribution sub-sectors
- Good knowledge of the power value chain Generation Distribution and Transmission
- Suitable candidates will have well developed contacts in the power industry and must have managed small, medium and large projects across the power chain.
- Strong business development skills as well Project Management skills in the Power Sector
- He will be required to source for projects, supplies, prepare proposals and manage the implementation of the projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to prepare bid and tender documents will be an advantage with a knowledge of the power regulatory environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight reporting schedule.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and target oriented.
- Ready to Travel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: jobs@michaelstevens-consulting using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.