PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client, the Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (NSSF) is set up to provide support to the people of Nigeria towards containing the COVID-19 pandemic by drawing on practical lessons learned globally, creating awareness and enhancing health care infrastructure. The Fund will utilize Global Citizen’s platform to raise awareness and enlist the support and contributions of the public and private sectors, civil society, and the international community.
To drive the achievement of these key strategic objectives, NSSF is looking to recruit a dynamic, exceptional, driven and results-oriented professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO01143
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Managing Director/CEO will carry out the day-to-day management of the organization and implement the strategy set by the Board.
- Specifically, the Employee’s duties, functions and responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a comparable discipline from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ financial and operational management experience, including five (5) years’ experience at executive management level.
- Experience in the aid/development and/or non-for-profit sector is essential.
- Experience or knowledge of the healthcare sector will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects from ground zero and drive the vision for the future for the Organisation.
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills to attract projects and partners by communicating a compelling and inspired sense of purpose.
- Excellent project and operations management skills and experience.
- Strong financial, operational, business acumen and commercial knowledge
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with different levels of authority, internally and externally.
- Well-honed skills to persuade, influence, as well as manage and sustain effective relationships locally and internationally.
- High ethical standards and level of integrity.
- Maintain regular interactions with the Board of Directors on the activities of the Fund and provide periodic reports on the operations of the fund
- Lead the formulation of Fund-wide policies and enforce the implementation to ensure the advancement of the Fund’s objectives
- Consult with the appropriate professionals as it relates to the business plan, financial model, operational codes and other documentation to ensure the successful administration of the Fund’s business
- Carry out oversight functions in relation to budgeting and financial performance of the Fund
- Lead NSSF’s strategic planning process as well as ensure that the corporate philosophy (vision, mission and shared values) is disseminated and practiced throughout the organisation
- Ensure that the Fund is directed, managed and operated in accordance with best practice and corporate governance procedures and in compliance with subsisting laws in which it operates
- Monitor risk management and the overall risk profile of the organization’s business and activities
- Develop productive relationships with key strategic partners and stakeholders to advance the business operations of NSSF
- Lead the resolution of NSSF’s issues that have strategic implications
- Serve as the Chief Spokesman for the Fund and carry out other functions as may be delegated by the Board
Deadline: 21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online