MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Outside Plant Engineer (OSP)
- To meet OHS, construction, build quality, productivity, and efficiency targets.
- To manage any welfare requirements of the civils/cabling/splicing gangs.
- To liaise with local authorities and residents as appropriate to ensure compliance with local requirements prior to and during any construction.
- To manage and track the build/construction team deliverables, ensuring compliance with OHS, contract obligations, and achievement of SLAs and KPIs.
- To deliver the agreed monthly site audit documentation and implement any corrective action/continuous improvement plans.
- To provide regular progress updates of individual jobs to the fibre services teams as required.
- To be an on-call supervisor (scheduled as part of the agreed rota) to manage any fibre network maintenance call outs to satisfactory resolution. This includes providing regular reports and customer updates.
- To ensure that the correct liaison with local authorities and residents has taken place and any local requirements are adhered to.
- To attend any meetings as required, on-site or at the local authorities’ premises.
- To provide technical expertise and be the single point of contact/escalation on all aspects of fibre build and construction; this includes all civils (including re-instatement), cabling and splicing/testing activities, plus production/completion of associated (as-built) documentation within agreed timescales;
- Manage sub-contract teams on-site to construct high quality FTTX and B2B fibre networks in the UK; including project/site induction, work schedules and ongoing project communication, such as toolbox talks, stand down meetings and OHS requirements.
- Deliver network build/construction programmer to agreed quality of service and financial targets.
- Ensure all permit conditions are being met on site.
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered.
- Keep up to date on fibre services deployment and construction innovations in the UK to drive improvements in cost, quality, innovation, efficiency, and deadlines.
- Ensure and assure safe systems of works are followed and adhered to for the entire duration of the work/project.
- Provide real time point of escalation for field staff and the civils/cabling/splicing gangs to resolve any issues and problems in a timely and professional manner; Assist with clearing and resolving any issues on site.
- Ensure that the gangs complete work safely and in a timely and professional manner to agreed timescales, project processes and procedures.
- Setup and manage an effective quality control and “right first time” verification process for fibre build/construction by internal and third-party teams.
Requirements / Key Skills
- Experience of UK fixed and cable operator network build guidelines and ways of working, including GPON, FTTX and HFC networks
- Knowledge of The New Roads and Street Works Act, 1991 (NRSWA), and its ancillary legislation and the various Codes of Practice
- Accreditation to NRWSA Supervisor level; Have a first aid qualification and ideally trained to Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) level
- Knowledge of HSG47 “Avoiding danger from underground services”, together with all OHS requirements and applicable laws
- Excellent understanding of fibre network architectures and network topologies
- 5+ years of network build experience in the UK fibre services industry or civils industry
- Knowledge of FTTx topology including mixed networks with GPON, G.Fast, VDSL, HFC, DOCSIS
- Good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents
- Knowledge of the catalogue of HAUC & NJUG published advice notes.
- Knowledge of the various trench excavation methods, including but not limited to manual digging, top-cutting, mechanical trenching, narrow trenching, mole-ploughing, directional-drilling
- Good knowledge of backfill & reinstatement materials & their associated HAUC approval status.
- Good knowledge of the traffic management Code of Practice
- Good knowledge of TMA and permitting/noticing legislations.
- Knowledge of available passive components applicable to FTTx networks and FTTx deployment technologies.
- Experience conducting quality control of fibre engineering build/construction
- Experience of managing OSP civils operatives and cabling/splicing engineers
- Understanding of OSP network build key drivers affecting cost in OSP network roll outs
- Ability to work as part of an on-call rota, including night work as part of a 24×7 SLA
- Demonstrates active listening skills with customers and internal teams
- Good knowledge of network build from exchange/head end to customer premises
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations and up-to-date working knowledge of related legislation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 17th July, 2020.