Viva Cinemas – Furnished with state of the art Dolby Surround sound with JBL speakers and projectors from Christie, 7 large screens (3D included), spacious foyer and awesome concession, Viva Cinemas provides a good bouquet of Hollywood, Bollywood and Nollywood movies to cater for you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: Head of Finance
- Reviews and prepares financial statements and accounting reports for VIVA Cinemas.
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss Account –Daily Entries
- Budgeting & Variance analysis – weekly (Tuesday)
- Vetting and Develops guidelines of Financial document for the maintenance and reconciliation of financial data; maintains and reconciles the more difficult financial control records for expenditures, allotments, receipts, and encumbrances.
- Designs, revises, and implements accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
- Determines and analyses direct and indirect costs in order to determine the cost of sales and other operational cost.
- Determination and payment of Third party contract and other necessary payments.
- Preparation of salary & wages (Pay as You Earn tax) for all VIVA Cinemas for vetting and approval
- Preparation and remittance of all statutory obligations.
- Bank reconciliation statement and postings of transactions
- Accounting entries (cost of sales, third party revenue and cost)
- Computation of Film Hire for both calendar & cinema respectively.
- Performs all accounting duties
- Conducts surveys to prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of accounting systems.
- Reviews budgets and prepares related budget documents as required by Management.
- Designs cost classification processes: develops guidelines to assign cost classifications to expenditures.
- B.Sc. degree or higher Degree with a Professional Certification, Qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.