The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) was originally founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980.
The University was conceived with the aim to establish an institution that must be closely related to society, its industry and above all, serve as a catalyst in the technological advancement of the people, hence the University’s motto remains, “Technology for Service”.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day control and maintenance as well as developing the necessary security policing arrangements covering both day and night shifts of security personnel under him.
- He is also to ensure effective deployments of security personnel under him for maximum security on campuses.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidates must:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree, NYSC discharge certificate or equivalent with at least ten (10) years cognate experience in the Police or Armed Forces and Security work.
- Have received appropriate training and would have attained the rank of at least Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) or its equivalent.
- An intelligence of crime management background will be an advantage.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Chief Security
- Officer in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
Deadline: 15.00 hours (3.00pm) 14th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Application forms accompanied by fifteen (15) copies of the most recent CV which shall contain the following:
- Full names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Contact Address with e-mail address and telephone number(s)
- Marital Status, number and ages of children
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (copies of credentials to be enclosed).
- Administrative and Managerial experience
- Membership of professional bodies
- All candidates must supply in their application forms, names, addresses and telephone numbers of (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
- The candidates should request their referees to separately, forward references directly to the Ag. Registrar, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in a sealed envelope, marked at the upper left-hand corner “Post of Chief Security Officer” to:
The Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT),
P.M.B. 01660, Enugu,
Enugu State, Nigeria.
Note: All applications not received by 15.00 hours (3.00pm) on the last day shall be declared void.