Nurture Child Development Clinic – We are early childhood care and development consultancy. Our mission is to ensure every Nigerian child starts right and has a strong foundation for life success. We diagnose and treat late talking, no speech, inattention, poor handwriting, learning difficulties, autism and other delays that interfere with your child’s optimal development & learning success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Speech Therapist
- Under the general supervision of the Program Director and according to standards of treatment, the Speech Therapist will perform objective assessments as well as comprehensive individualized treatment programs for children 18 months to 12 years. Responsibilities will include:
- Perform initial assessment for each child as part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Administer appropriate modalities, exercise regimens, or treatment procedures according to each child’s identified needs, family goals and procedures on standards of treatment care.
- Participate in promoting parent psychoeducation sessions.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Program Director including but and not restricted to treatment plan development, weekly progress reporting, attending group training sessions, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of developmental delays, learning differences, special needs and behaviors of specific age groups to include toddlers, preschoolers, school aged children and early adolescents
- Education: Master’s Degree in Audiology & Speech/Language Pathology.
- Experience: 6 months – one year of experience.
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide full spectrum of occupational therapy services in accordance with the scope of identified needs of each child
- Evaluate and treat deficits in occupational performance components that include motor, neuromusculoskeletal, cognitive, social, and sensory dysfunction.
- Treatment includes individual and group-based purposeful activity and exercises.
- Administer and interpret occupational therapy assessment and evaluation tools.
- Interpret evaluation findings to develop and coordinate intervention plans, including goals and methods to achieve stated goals.
- Implement the intervention plans directly or in collaboration with others.
- Monitor the individual’s response to interventions and modify treatment plan and reevaluate as necessary.
- Communicate and/or collaborate with the patients, family members, caregivers, interdisciplinary professionals or other individuals verbally and in writing.
- Provide supervision to Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Develop play therapy program plans and curriculum for use by parents in the parent-mediated approach and look for opportunities to apply techniques, principles, and methods.
- Conduct follow up assessments to document progress and prepare video and written feedback.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy (OT).
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in the area of developmental disabilities (Autism, ADHD, Cerebral palsy & Learning Difficulties)
- A minimum of 1 year experience within the last two years working with toddlers and or preschool children with autism spectrum disorders and early intervention theories and practices.
Deadline: 30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their recent Resume with Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.