White Soul Motors Limited incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Depot Accountant
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Our company a leading haulage company is looking to engage a full-time Depot Accountant to coordinate the financial activities of its Calabar depot operations.
Key Functions of the Role
- Manage the entire depot imprest accounts including request for reimbursement, disbursement and recording of transactions;
- Manage all trade payable invoices for payment to vendors on due dates;
- Ensure update of Software with new Customer & Vendors information;
- Carry out pre-audits of all vouchers, invoices and financial request to ensure accuracy and appropriateness prior to obtaining final approval, payment and disbursement of cheques.
- Assists with providing support and documentation on internal processes;
- Prepare and participate in Budget development and forecast preparation, monitor Depot budgets and review variance between actual and budget and report to the HOF;
- Prepare for and participate in the annual statutory Audit exercise of the company;
- Set up and maintain Depot fixed assets register, comply with laid down process and procedures and maintain a proper fixed asset register for the entire terminal.
- Perform month-end closing procedures in line with established guidelines;
- Prepare and present a daily, weekly and monthly financial reports to the Head Of Finance as may be requested;
- Carry out other assignments as may be required from time to time by Head Of Finance and Depot Manager;
Academic Qualifications and Experience Required
- First degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or related fields from a reputable university/polytechnic.
- Additional qualification will be added advantage
- Up to 5 years overall combined accounting and finance experience,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) Required:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles; practices, accounts payable and receivable management, financial management and financial reporting;
- Proven working experience as a Head of Finance;
- Experience in preparing accurate and thorough Financial Reports and related schedule in line with established deadlines;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Effective oral and written communications, interpersonal and planning skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and Financial Application;
- Good organizational skill and ability to manage documentations and make past and future documentations accessible;
- Strong management skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, processes and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Enugu / Calabar
- Our company, a leading logistics firm is looking to hire Logistics Fleet Officers at our Enugu / Calabar locations who would assist in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, achievement of turnaround time, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Oversee assigned fleet’s operations and make direct reports to the Fleet Coordinator on fleet performance and other operational requirements
- Route surveys and planning in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- Monitor and report daily trucks turn-around time
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking vehicles
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve all аcomplaints relating to fleet management or drivers conduct
- Obtain and maintain annual inspections certification by regulatory authorities or in line with contractual obligations from clients
- Obtain and maintain all truck licensing, registrations and permits
- Oversee proper use of fuel/diesel rations; maintain log and account for fuel/diesel and oil storage tanks
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Coordinate daily pre-trip and post-trip truck inspections
- Contribute in the decision making regarding lease and purchase of vehicles.
- Utilize GPS systems in conjunction with tracking unit to monitor drivers and track vehicles at all locations daily and in case of theft.
- Conduct, in conjunction with the tracking unit, proper tracking of drivers in transit to ensure prompt and target time of delivery
- Take prompt inventory of truck at the site of an accident or incident and document properly
- Ensure prompt handling and coordination of rescue operations of company’s vehicles, personnel and goods, whenever the need arises
- Recommend cost cutting strategies in order to maximize profits.
- Ensure compliance with Federal transport laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain efficient schedules for drivers and motor mates to ensure that such personnel are available at all times.
- Conduct regular safety/fleet meetings with drivers, in conjunction with the safety team
- Make and advise recommendations to HR Department, through the Head of Operations, on training, annual leave or off-days, scheduling, reprimanding, hiring, and termination of recalcitrant drivers, maintenance staff, etc
- Conduct pre-employment assessment of drivers and submit report on performance to the Fleet Coordinator
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to disciplinary procedures and drivers’ orientation program and administering disciplinary measures to non-compliant drivers.
- Assist the HR unit in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Training and re-training of the drivers (and motor mates) for efficiency
- Regularly holding meeting with the drivers (and motor mates) (except those on official assignment) to discuss and ensure the smooth operations and the actualization of the goals of the company
- Observe drivers and motor mates behaviors and actions within and outside the company premises and make necessary recommendations as regards fitness for purpose
- Constantly monitor the tracking report and follow up with drivers on issues raised and send updated report on issues resolution.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- M.Sc. in Transport or Logistics is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years experience in supply chain management, including, haulage, logistics, and fleet management and customer service operations.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.