AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited is an independent but an associate company of AETI Nigeria Limited which has over the years been rendering services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, Engineering services, Hospitality Industry as well as the Education sector; in the areas of technical training, consulting, outsourcing and recruitment.
Due to the liberalization and expansion in the Power sector, and the need to build technical capacity in a rapidly expanding industry, AETI Nigeria Limited has extended her professional service to the power sector, and thus incorporated AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited; a foremost engineering consulting company in Nigeria to meet these needs in the power sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Renewable Energy Project Engineer
- MSc / BSc / HND in Electrical Electronics engineering, Physics-Electronics
- At least 8 years of related experience in power systems (engineering part).
- Preferably COREN registered
- General understanding of the energy market in Nigeria
- Knowledge of relevant legislation surrounding energy efficiency and carbon emissions
- Good communication, Project management, Organizational and negotiation skills
- IT skills, including knowledge of 3D software such as AutoCAD
- Initiative and the ability to recognize emerging problems and proactively develop solutions.
- Familiar with renewable energy systems, inverter controls, protection settings, substation and line designs.
- Experience in solar projects and/or grid projects
- Experience in the tendering phase
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Interpret electrical diagrams and drawings
- Good knowledge of energy storage systems
- Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or conservation measures
- Conduct research or collect data on renewable or alternative energy systems or technologies such as solar, thermal and photovoltaic energy.
- Train personnel or clients on topics such as energy management.
- Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
- Design, develop and build renewable energy technologies
- Prepare detailed schedules of work, feasibility studies and cost estimates
- Check site and ground conditions for the installation of renewable technologies, such as wind turbines
- Carrying out site and ground condition inspections for new and existing sites
- Using computer modelling software to produce detailed designs and energy production estimates
- Ensuring that the installation and running of renewable energy sites meets environmental laws
- Preparing project plans, schedules of work and cost estimates
- Managing the integration of the renewable energy produced into existing systems
- Writing and presenting technical reports
- Liaising with energy providers, contractors and other engineering and professionals.
Deadline: 3rd September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.