Trefoil Networks is a full-service data communications, e-Solutions and video services provider. Trefoil Networks specializes in Satellite, Internet, Wireless, Fibre , Web and Network Access solutions for individuals, institutions, organizations, governments, businesses, enterprise, Telecom Operators, Media, entertainment Industries and residential home users
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Satellite Engineer (Junior Level)
Reports to: Technical Team Lead, TFNET
- Works with the company for the Design, Implementation, Installation, Deployment, management and maintenance of the Division’s Satellite based Network Communications Solutions.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree IT or Engineering disciplines.
- Cisco certification is an advantage
Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competences:
- Personal integrity and high work ethical standards
- Detail oriented
- Network engineer responsible for monitoring networks to capture availability, performance and / or capacity metrics of VSAT customer sites
- To ensure that customers VSAT sites are accurately installed according to laid down standards and specifications.
- Provides 1st level troubleshooting and repair via technical phone support to VSAT Resellers and end users, including maintenance of online knowledgebase.
- To keep and maintain ALL satellite schedules, options files, service orders and customer premises equipment data records for all customer sites.
- To maintain appropriate support / maintenance log sheets, records, per customer, for accurate support records.
- Design and integration of LAN / WAN systems using VSAT technologies, and WAN IP routing for voice, data and video.
- Performs specialized duties in support of VSAT networking, installation, testing, and training of customer and network support personnel in the use of hardware and applicable software
- To carry out routine checkup / maintenance on customer sites as may be directed or required.
- To follow up on all support and maintenance agreement with different satellite solutions clients and customers.
- Schedules the satellite projects and monitors progress. Keeps teams on task and within deadlines for all deliverables.
- Writes project summary reports, deliver presentations to management
- Any other duty as assigned by line manager or management.
Deadline: 14th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.