A multi-dimensional logistics & courier service provider (freight, haulage, travels & door delivery) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Ogudu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We currently seek an individual with a history of successful performance to function as Business Development Manager in our office in Lagos.
- BDM would be concerned with improving and growing Laudable Group (Laudable Freight Limited, Laudable Haulage Limited, Laudable Express Limited & Laudable Travels Limited), by establishing and developing relationships with her customers, suppliers and other partners of the Group
- Be involved in the careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
- Identifying new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
As Business Development Manager, you’ll need to:
- Drive the company’s marketing policy
- Understand the company’s market share objectives for each customer and resolve strategies to increase wallet shares of the customer’s businesses with us.
- Contribute towards ensuring Group budget for actualization and realization for the year.
- Manage existing clients: 100% customer retention and improved turnaround / response time.
- Ensure high marketing standards
- Sign-on new customers to Laudable Group and reactivate dormant business relationships.
- Drive growth of clientele base.
- Prompt resolution of customer issues and complaints.
- Develop strong and enduring personal relationship with decision makers of existing clients and potential clients with the specific purpose of identifying business opportunities, resolving issues and managing crisis.
- Ensure actualization of business targets.
- Design new market-based product (Product Development)
- Co-ordinate the research and development unit
- Ensure high standard of customer experience always
- Develop strategies to achieve visibility for the Group
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers.
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organization
- Understand the needs of our customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these requests.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ services and be able to sell them.
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
- Send in timely Weekly and Monthly Marketing reports.
Qualification / Experience
- Minimum of HND in Marketing, Sales, Business Management or other related fields.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a business development role in a logistics, freight & haulage company.
- Enthusiastic, and result-driven.
- Sound command of English Language, both written & spoken.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Packages – Word, Excel & Power Point
Deadline: 2nd October, 2020.