CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Employment Type: Full-time
Objectives of the Role
- The CEO oversees the operations of the integrated group of CarePoint health facilities.
- He/she will ensure the success of the chain of facilities through quality enhancement, cost containment, revenue growth and development of strong relationships with Facility HODs, senior members of Staff and external stakeholders.
- Support the strategic direction of CarePoint health care facilities through the implementation of strategic plans and objectives
- Provide leadership to hospital managers, clinical HODs; that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, delivery of KPIs and encourage active participation in decisions that impact the facilities
- Revise strategies and plans for the hospital departments according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Ensures the attainment of CarePoint objectives through the selection, development, organization, motivation, management, evaluation, and promotion of human resources and through the establishment and maintenance of facilities, equipment, supplies and other required sources
- Establishes and maintains communications and relations with the HODs across facilities and supports the development of the facilities with them, individually and collectively, that promote cooperation and coordinated effort in accomplishing mutual goals
- Deliver strong financial performance and meet financial KPIs set by the board of directors.
- Foster a smoothly functioning, efficient organization through anticipating problems and the timely and effective resolution of disruptions
- Responsible for ensuring facility-wide compliance with regulations, laws, procedures and policies
- In charge of planning, implementing health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that staff adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Oversees the establishment and attainment of challenging/achievable patient care, safety, education, and community service goals while ensuring financial viability across the business
- Develop interventions that are centered on improving quality of care, strengthening the data, financial management system and enabling at scale interventions with the use of a sustainable network model
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue to CarePoint facilities
- Liaise with the COO in designing a supportive supervision strategy to bridge gaps in the performance standards of basic management systems at individual facilities
- Participating in the hospital’s monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
- Actively monitor facilities progress to identify critical bottlenecks, potential strengths and weaknesses in management and execution of policies and processes. Identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained from risk evaluation to prioritize timely interventions and employ robust coping mechanisms to achieve CarePoint overall goal.
Business Development & Marketing role:
- Develop market growth strategies for all CarePoint facilities in various localities.
- Support the facilities on developing outreach programs for reaching and managing potential clients and developing client referrals in the markets where our facilities are located
- Identify and actualize opportunities to expand market access through hospitals and other CarePoint health care facilities.
- Responsible for establishing growing and maintaining relationships with all external stakeholders; customers, industry partners, etc., introducing initiatives leading to the growth of the business and increasing market share & monthly sales
- Develop and manage relationships with external stakeholders like government agencies, health Insurance companies, educating them about our services thus increasing profitability and physician base, and hospital referral base
- Develop strategic initiatives to improve top-line performance; identify new business segments and opportunities to expand partnerships within the region
- Liaise with the business development & marketing team on techniques, strategies and negotiation skills required to increase referral base and brand awareness
- Facilitate effective stakeholder engagement with Medical directors of health care facilities for the clinical expansion project.
Human Resources role:
- Liaise with the Head of HR (corporate level) in the strategic implementation of all HR policies and processes across all CarePoint facilities.
- Works collaboratively with the HR in the recruitment of employees to ensure departments within facilities are adequately staffed with qualified personnel.
- Creating and promoting a productive company culture.
- Proactively develops and communicates KPI’s for HOD facility-level delivery of high quality and efficient service to patients within the facilities
- Work closely with the HR to elicit each facility’s needs, and plan capacity building sessions to for the CEO (e.g. Change Management, Financial Management, Lean thinking to optimize profits in downturn) and all other staff.
- Address structural issues in the facilities that hinders the facilities potential to function efficiently and improve health outcomes.
- Coordination of inter-facility collaboration by hosting quarterly meetings that provide a platform for building the system thinking capacity of staff through performance management, problem solving and experiential learning.
- Evaluate performance and discipline departmental heads when necessary.
- Liaises with the Head of Quality (corporate level) on the delivery of high-quality, sustainable health care services.
- Complies with regulations governing health care in Nigeria and the rules of accrediting bodies, and represents the facilities on social/community matters.
- Devise strategies for promoting patient satisfaction across facilities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of standards of operation (SOPs) across different facilities.
- Contribute to the development of policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice across CarePoint facilities.
- Present clinical audit reports for different facilities to the board
- Work with the quality team to ensure a participation in SafeCare quality improvement plan.
- Any other requirements as stated by the board.
Requirements, Key Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) Degree, 12 months housemanship & Residency completed
- An M.Sc./MBA/PhD in Financial Management, Business Operations, Strategic Management, Public health, Health Economics, Health Administration or Health Care Operations and Management will be an added advantage
- Over 10 years’ professional experience in Business Management/ Operations in Healthcare, Healthcare management and operations with 7 years in a managerial position
- Prior experience as a Chief Medical Director of a chain of facilities
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Excellent knowledge and experience in clinical supervision and program management.
- Excellent time management with good interpersonal skills.
- Patient-oriented with excellent counselling skills.
- Solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
Deadline: 30th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “CEO CarePoint Hospitals Application” as the subject of the email.