A chain of Healthcare facilities situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically owning three (3) facilities across Lagos and dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost is seeking to hire a dynamic candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer / Chief Medical Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will report to the Board of Directors (corporate level) and oversee the operations of the integrated group of the health facilities.
- He/she will ensure the success of the chain of facilities through quality enhancement, cost containment, revenue growth and development of strong relationships with Facility HODs, senior members of staff and external stakeholders.
- Support the strategic direction of its health care facilities through the implementation of strategic plans and objectives
- Provide leadership to hospital managers, clinical HODs; that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, delivery of KPIs and encourage active participation in decisions that impact the facilities
- Deliver strong financial performance and meet financial KPIs set by the board of directors.
- Responsible for ensuring facility-wide compliance with regulations, laws, procedures and policies
- In charge of planning, implementing health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that staff adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Revise strategies and plans for the hospital departments according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Ensures the attainment of its objectives through the selection, development, organization, motivation, management, evaluation, and promotion of human resources and through the establishment and maintenance of facilities, equipment, supplies and other required sources
- Establishes and maintains communications and relations with the HODs across facilities and supports the development of the facilities with them, individually and collectively, that promote cooperation and coordinated effort in accomplishing mutual goals
- Oversees the establishment and attainment of challenging/achievable patient care, safety, education, and community service goals while ensuring financial viability across the business
- Develop interventions that are centred on improving quality of care, strengthening the data, financial management system and enabling at scale interventions with the use of a sustainable network model
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue to its facilities
- Actively monitor facilities progress to identify critical bottlenecks, potential strengths and weaknesses in management and execution of policies and processes. Identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained from risk evaluation to prioritize timely interventions and employ robust coping mechanisms to achieve its overall goals
Business Development & Marketing role:
- Develop market growth strategies for all its facilities in various localities.
- Responsible for establishing growing and maintaining relationships with all external stakeholders; customers, industry partners, etc., introducing initiatives leading to the growth of the business and increasing market share & monthly sales
- Develop and manage relationships with external stakeholders like government agencies, health Insurance companies, educating them about our services thus increasing profitability and physician base, and hospital referral base
- Support the facilities on developing outreach programs for reaching and managing potential clients and developing client referrals in the markets where our facilities are located
- Identify and actualize opportunities to expand market access through hospitals and its other health care facilities.
- Develop strategic initiatives to improve top-line performance; identify new business segments and opportunities to expand partnerships within the region
Human Resources role:
- Liaise with the Head of HR (corporate level) in the strategic implementation of all HR policies and processes across all its facilities.
- Creating and promoting a productive company culture.
- Proactively develops and communicates KPI’s for HOD facility-level delivery of high quality and efficient service to patients within the facilities
- Work closely with the HR to elicit each facility’s needs, and plan capacity building sessions to for the CEO (e.g. Change Management, Financial Management, Lean thinking to optimize profits in downturn) and all other staff.
- Liaises with the Head of Quality (corporate level) on the delivery of high-quality, sustainable health care services.
- Complies with regulations governing health care in Nigeria and the rules of accrediting bodies, and represents the facilities on social/community matters.
- Devise strategies for promoting patient satisfaction across facilities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of standards of operation (SOPs) across different facilities.
- Contribute to the development of policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice across its facilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS Degree), 12 months housemanship & Residency complete.
- An M.Sc./MBA/PhD in Financial Management, Business Operations, Strategic Management, Public health, Health Economics, Health Administration or Health Care Operations and Management will be an added advantage
- Over 10 years’ professional experience in Business Management/ Operations in Healthcare, Healthcare management and operations with 7 years in a managerial position
- Prior experience as a Chief Medical Director of a chain of facilities
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Excellent knowledge and experience in clinical supervision and program management.
- Patient-oriented with excellent counselling skills.
- Solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
Deadline: 31st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.