An Africa-focused healthcare asset management entity, committed to investing in transforming healthcare assets across Africa through innovation and technology is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Accra – Ghana or Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced in all aspects of financial management, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), financial planning and analysis, and risk management.
- He/she must possess strong leadership skills and a forward-thinking mindset to support the company in the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Manage all finance functions with full authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial control, and internal and external reporting
- Implement policies to effectively manage working capital including cash utilization, accounts receivables, accounts payables and inventory.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of reliable, accurate and timely financial reports to the Board of Directors, senior management team, investors, and other stakeholders
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company’s strategic direction
- Facilitate the annual budgeting process of the entire organization by working with other departments to develop budgets for the group, facilities, and corporate departments
- Provide accurate reporting on key performance measures and monitoring systems and provide actionable recommendations
- Institute policies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity, and appropriateness of financial information
- Manages relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organizations, external auditors, banks etc.
- Evaluate the organization fundraising plans and capital structure and make recommendations to Senior Management.
- Oversee the M&A process including deal origination, due diligence (both financial and tax) and deal close.
- Ensure that the company always has a rich pipeline of assets and projects ready for investment.
- Serve as the focal point for investor relations and send regular fund statements to investors.
- Oversee the computation of key financial metrics on all facilities and projects including ROI, NPV, IRR and payback period.
- Build and update financial models for fundraising process using the unit economics of the business.
- Manage fundraising processes for both debt and equity financing including the updating the investment decks and virtual data room (VDR).
- Lead strategic finance initiatives and explore innovative financing sources including concessional financing, grant financing etc.
- Develop cash flow projections and ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization operations and planned investments.
- Identify and manage key business and company risks and insurance requirements.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the documented system of finance policies and procedures across the group.
- Report risk issues to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines – Accounting, Finance, Economics,
- An MBA is highly preferred. Professional qualifications like ACCA, ICAN, and CFA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience, with 5 years management position.
- Advanced financial modelling skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of the M&A deal process.
- Prior experience with investor relations and capital raising.
- Deep understanding of IFRS and financial reporting tools.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, ERP systems and Business Intelligence software.
Deadline: 20th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as the title of the mail.