Apata & Ascott Limited – Our client is a global Insurance firm, with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Our client is in need of a Chief Operating Officer, who would be accountable for ensuring optimal functioning and operations, Including Client Services and the Administration back office on behalf of the company
- The COO assists the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
- The Chief Operating Officer directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors
- The COO leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: operations, human resources, information systems, traffic, new business coordination, and agency promotion and communication
- Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEOâ€™s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his / her responsibility.
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Ensures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Management, Business Administration or related fields.
- Must have a recognized professional qualification in Insurance (e.g. CIIN) and other NAICOM criteria.
- Extensive experience as Chief Operating Officer with at Least 10 years post qualification experience in the Insurance Industry, 5 of which must be at Senior Management Level.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal.
- NOT older than 45 years in age.
- Proficiency in the use of modern day technology based service delivery tools.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
- Familiarity with corporate Governance and management best practices.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Deadline: 18th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current detailed and comprehensive CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Qualified applicants are encouraged to read and follow the instructions carefully
- All applicants are guaranteed that their applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Only shortlisted candidates will he contacted.