Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Strategic Information (DSI)
- We seek applications from qualified persons for the position of Director of Strategic Information (DSI) in a newly awarded USAID funded OVC project: Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award in Lagos State.
- The candidate will be based in Lagos and report to the Chief of Party. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- MBBS or Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Work, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics or a related field is required. A Masters degree in relevant areas is preferred.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in Donor funded program such as USG or United Nations in designing, establishing, and managing M&E systems, to ensure data quality, and management of data for strategic information.
- The DSI will be skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making, with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- S/he will have the ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools, making recommendations based on findings.
- S/he will be able to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats/visualizations.
- The DSI will have a working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance- based reporting, with understanding, experience and competency in working with OVC and HIV community-led organizations.
- S/he will have knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources; and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- The DSI will be the lead technical expert responsible for all SI aspects of the Activity, including monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
- S/he will lead efforts to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting for the Activity.
- This includes overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their OVC and HIV services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI functions; and will ensure monitoring and evaluation coordination with PEPFAR and national data systems.
Deadline: 13th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job; to: email@example.com
- Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three prfessional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and teleohone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants am encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).