Traders of Africa is an ecommerce marketplace focused on driving intra-African trade as well as trade between Africa and the world through technology. We deal in various Agro- commodities and other products such as grains, pulses, seeds, nuts, spices, fruits and much more. Our field of operation is global, with our head office base in Nigeria. With an emphasis on service and quality, we stimulate our employees to learn and develop themselves and offer them every opportunity to do so.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Agent (Agriculture)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Sourcepro Team Lead and Lead, Field Operation Specialist
- The Field Specialist will primarily be responsible for monitoring and supervising products brought by suppliers (Timber/Wood) and monitor the exporting processes of such product to the buyer’s destination
- Also acquisition/sourcing for potential new buyers and new suppliers.
- OND / HND / B.Sc in Agriculture or related courses
- Minimum Experience: 0 – 2 years
- Ability to speak the local languages
- Ability to use android-based application for monitoring and record taking
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and attention to details
- Excellent reporting skills
- Must be tech-savvy and ready to learn
- Must be willing to be away from home for a period of time.
- Must have good computing skills.
- Hardworking, focused, and dedicated.
- Strong and energetic.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Travel to product locations.
- Plan and coordinate the shipping activities.
- Strategize and execute sourcing from various African countries.
- Know your product (Timber/Wood/Charcoal/ Agro commodities).
- Source for new suppliers.
- Source for new Buyers.
- Provide a week activities report.
- Inspect product in the forest, park, or warehouse.
- Send photos and videos of the product.
- Supervise movement.
Deadline: 18th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.