ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Fulfillment Engineer
Job ID: 78
Location: Trans Amadi Estate – Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Business Operations
Function: Service Delivery & Support
Reporting to: Team Lead, Network Core & Service Delivery
Travel Frequency: Occassional
Purpose of the Job
- Reporting to the Team Lead West, Network Core & Service Delivery, the Service Fulfilment Engineer is responsible for deploying carrier grade and reliable network infrastructure and services for ipNX enterprise customers in accordance with set SLAs.
- He will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities required to fulfil and support network services to enterprise customers. These include the management of existing and development of new network infrastructure and systems, as well as overseeing system & network administration tasks.
- He will also act as the 2nd level contact for customer faults relating to network connectivity & systems by taking ownership of reported customer issues and seeing these problems through to resolution.
- Your key support responsibility includes; researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, identifying and implementing solutions to resolve all network connectivity & system issues.
- He is equally tasked with ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence during all levels of engagements with customers – including pre-sales support, service delivery (installation & configuration) as well as support calls or visits.
- In addition to the above, he is also required to provide routine in-house training and mentoring for lower level staff and other units where required.
Expected Key Results:
- Install, configure, optimize and maintain network connectivity infrastructure & systems for the ipNX Network as well as for enterprise customers as per agreed set standards and SLAs.
- Safeguard performance, capacity, availability (>99.9%) and quality of the ipNX network by monitoring emerging incidents and initiating preventive actions.
- Recommend areas of improvements, product enhancements incl. new platforms, features and services that meet present and future needs of the voice communications business. Offer pre-sales support and provide accompanying proposals and design documents with the most optimal and cost-effective solutions that meets the business objectives.
- Asset Management
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / IT related disciplines (2.1 / Upper Credit Minimum).
- At least 1-year experience within the telecoms space as a Network / Communications Engineer
- A good understanding of computer networks as well as some aspects of project management (Cisco Certification | PMP is a bonus)
- A good grasp of technical (wireless & wireline) installations and willingness to learn more
- Practical Experience with Network Connectivity Devices (Routers & Switches)
- Experience with LAN / WAN Network Design and Configuration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite [including MS Project &Visio]
- Understanding of Communications Networks. Cisco network certification is required.
- A good grasp of Wireline & Wireless Installations (Fibre & Ethernet Cabling, IP Planning, RF Planning, Network Design, Installation and Maintenance)
- High degree of Microsoft Office Suite competence [Bonus: Visio, MS Project]
- Fluent English
- Exemplary Communication Skills [Face to Face and over the telephone]; Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Customer Focused
- Hardworking and Tenacious
- Action Orientation
- Tech Savvy
- Result Driven
- Excellent Decision Quality
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Impeccable Customer Service and Support Skills
- Customer Focus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Job Title: Network Services Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Network Services Engineer is responsible for pro-actively performing network fulfilment activities across all network products. Assists in troubleshooting customer impacting issues affected by the fulfilment process, diagnose problems and troubleshoot within Data Centre/LAN/WAN/Wireless, or Firewall/Load Balancing/Threat Protection.
- Providing design and implementation according to best practices and standards and assist in deploying and supporting Network services and Security for clients.
Expected Key Results:
- Network Service Monitoring
- Network Service Support Analysis
- Network Service Management
- Customer Service
- Perform Monitoring, Backup and Recovery Procedures
- Stakeholder Management
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Electrical Engineering or other technical disciplines (2.2/Upper Credit Minimum)
- Industry Certifications in AWS, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP, and CCIERequires strong knowledge of Cisco routers and switches and of firewalls and web filtering solutions
- Keen interest in emerging technologies Cloud, SD-WAN
- Good verbal and written communication skills required for interaction with business-users.
- Strong problem-solving skills required for technical issue resolution.
- Organized and structured work habits
- Strong personal time management to coordinate several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive technical knowledge deploying and managing network and infrastructure environment
- Well organized, articulate and has numerate skills
- Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
Deadline: 31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.