RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Information Systems (MIS) Specialist
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program.
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Services (E-WASH) Program, implemented by RTI International, is working to improve urban water and sanitation service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of state water boards (SWBs)/corporations in five states in Nigeria. The five states are Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger and Taraba. E-WASH is working towards achieving the following mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Creating professionally managed and commercially oriented SWBs.
- Improving the financial and operational viability of SWBs.
- Strengthening policy, institutional and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services (including establishing accountability mechanisms).
- Building national and state WASH advocacy, coordination, and communications for reform.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- RTI International hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position of Management Information Systems (MIS) Specialist for the USAID EWASH program.
- The Management Information Systems (MIS) Specialist is responsible for handling all data management activities (i.e. planning surveys, data monitoring/collection, data management and analysis). He/she is also responsible for providing technical support for decision-making, capacity building and learning, including the use of innovative processes in data management and statistical analysis.
Specifically, the MIS will provide technical support for all Management Information Systems (MIS) activities of the project by:
- Establishing MIS systems for gathering, reporting, and analysing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation, including the adaptation of geo-enabled functionalities.
- Coordinating all MIS tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/Nigeria guidelines.
- Coordinating closely with the MEL team to maintain a robust MIS system for grants monitoring, performance improvement reporting and results-based monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for onward reporting to USAID.
- Planning, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems and analysis.
- Being responsible for the accumulation, analysis, preparation, interpretation and communication of information and data as used by the MEL team to plan, evaluate and adapt E-WASH activities.
- Supporting the Media and Communications Specialists to effectively document lessons learned, collate KM products and offer alternative platforms for disseminating E-WASH program findings.
- Providing support for inter-state training for E-WASH staffs, State Water Board (SWB) and CSEF grantees, focused on gathering, analyzing and using data, case study assessments, evaluation surveys, and research studies to make evidence based decisions and plan potential strategic program improvements;
- Working closely with respective Performance Reporting Specialists (PRS) to ensure timely upload of performance reporting data;
- Working closely with the Grants Manager for robust grants monitoring and document reviews of SWB Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Managing E-WASH Integrated Database Management System (IDMS).
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology / Science with specialization in Statistics, Numerical Computation, or an equivalent degree. At least MSc+ 6 years’ or a BSc +10 years’ experience with large-scale monitoring and data management tasks.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience on USAID or donor-funded projects including experience in data collection, management and analysis.
- Familiarity with Integrated Database Management Systems (IDMS) with GIS functionality.
- Experience in Knowledge Management (KM) and communications. Knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach is desirable.
- Experience in data collection procedures, systems design, systems analysis, and information systems project management.
- Experience in grantee reporting systems and GIS for performance monitoring is preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and ability to work well on a team.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as one single Word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org
Important Information / Notice
- On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Job title, no other text should be on this subject line i.e. Management Information Systems (MIS) Specialist – Abuja
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that the successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via email@example.com. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V