KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a leading player in the pharmaceutical industry offering diverse range of products and services that always strives to attract and retain the very best talent.
In line with this desire, our client is currently seeking to appoint an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Job Title: Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Ref #: 219
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Detailed Job Description
- Provide leadership to position the company at the forefront of pharmaceutical industry.
- Direct the development of the company’s strategies, objectives and plans, and ensure effective implementation in order to maximize shareholder returns as well as optimize other stakeholder interests while also strategically positioning the company for future expansion.
- Lead the development and consistent implementation of relevant practices, policies and standards across the business.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory stipulations and reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to advocate the company’s mission and objectives and promote revenue and profitability growth for the company.
- Oversee the company’s operations to ensure efficiency, quality of service, and cost- effective management of resources.
- Safeguard the company’s public and professional image and foster good relations with industry and government’s senior executives.
- Participate in Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria matters and shape industry policy.
- Oversee the implementation of adequate controls that address the key operational, financial and technical risks facing the pharmaceutical industry.
- Oversee the development of an effective risk management framework for the company.
- Ensure the implementation of the company’s risk management and business control framework in line with the board-approved risk appetite.
- Provide guidance and supervision to all heads of department i.e., Sales & Marketing, HR, Finance & Accounts etc .
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Board.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in related field and membership of Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria or other credible pharmaceutical body, and preferably a postgraduate business-related degree.
- Minimum of 17 years’ work experience with 10 years hands-on experience at senior management level in either pharmaceutical industry or a manufacturing company.
- Financial and marketing management experience.
- Strong growth mindset with high energy and a drive for results.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen skills.
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Excellent integrity and strength of character.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online