The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
As a result of the need to fill some consequential vacancies, the Nigerian Red Cross Society is desirous of employing capable hands for the effective discharge of her mandate.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant Coordinator, Community Engagement & Accountability (CEA)
Mode: Internal & External
Duration: 1 year extendable
- A university degree in a relevant area such as Social Sciences, Public Health, Behaviour Change Communication, Community Engagement and Risk Communications, Disaster Management.
- Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years in a management level position
- Assistant Coordinator, Community Engagement & Accountability will:
- Assist in the process of carrying out consultations with communities in the operational areas to ascertain information needs and trusted and accessible communication channels
- Support operation team to increase levels of engagement and accountability to people and communities, sharing relevant, timely and appropriate information with communities about the operation through the establishment of appropriate feedback mechanisms and training frontline staff and volunteers to improve their participation and complaints handling skills and ensure that community feedback loops are closed
- Work closely with the operations team and key external stakeholders to drive and advocate the roll out of appropriate technology and innovation for CEA (with a focus on the use of existing platforms and messaging systems)
- Support health and WASH teams to establish innovative and effective behaviour and social change activities to encourage communities to adopt safe and healthy practices as part of social mobilization
- Identify and utilise appropriate communication channels for providing life-saving information to communities as part of information as aid activities
- Support evidence-based learning by assessing and monitoring levels of community engagement through research, impact surveys, perceptions studies and case studies.
- To ensure women, children, the elderly, people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups have equal access to information channels and feedback mechanisms particular to their needs and considering any specific protection issues
Deadline: 7th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.