A premier Clinic and Hospital established in 1965 to provide ophthalmologic care in Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ophthalmic Nurse
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Ophthalmic Nurse works directly with Surgeons and hospital staff to assist with Ophthalmologyprocedures and clinicals, administer medications, prepare and assist with surgeries and educate patients.
- They provide optimum care to patients before, during, and after surgery which includes assessment, preparation, intervention, and evaluation while maintaining patient privacy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patient
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations
- Protects confidentiality of patient’s Personal Health Information
- Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality and cost outcomes
- Assures accuracy of patient charges and directs patients appropriately with billing-related issues or pre-certification needs.
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership is a professional nursing organization desired
- Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs
- Patient-focused approach
- Good counseling and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker
N75,000 – N100,000 monthly.
Deadline: 7th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.