Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Governance & Compliance Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Technical Support
- This role is essentially concerned with implementing strategic goals and objectives of the business and the utilisation of IT resources to effectively achieve the desired results.
- This is done with the aim of ensuring that the decisions made regarding IT investments are transparent, best in class and fit within what the business wants it to accomplish.
- Coordinate efforts to support any IT audits & review, and relevant regulatory bodies compliance exercise/investigations
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on Information Governance issues (Risk & Standards), including statutory and regulatory compliance
- Ensure proper monitoring, tracking of all exceptions raised against Technology in risk and audit report and work with other teams within IT to develop remediation plans to address these exceptions. – (IT Compliance Dash-board)
- Maintain the IT departmental risk register
- Identify and work with IT colleagues to implement and embed technology good practice.
- Conduct IT Process Maturity review and ensure improvement
- Ensure best practice risk mitigation and assessment functions are maintained
- Responsible for implementing and reviewing IT processes in accordance with the adopted IT management framework (ISO 20000, COBIT 5, TOGAF)
- Responsible for procedures and controls to ensure compliance with applicable IT policies and relevant regulatory and legal framework for the IT Division
- Minimum 3 – 4 years in IT or other related business experience, Work experience in governance and compliance IT related field an advantage
Deadline: 2nd September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online