Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Advocacy and Communication Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for an Advocacy and Communication Officer to join our team in our Kano Office
- This person will expand, coordinate and improve AAH’s advocacy and communication work at the state level, develop, document and share good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of advocacy activities at the state level, develop communication plan, tools and materials to ensure successful program implementation of CDGP for various stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent team management and project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Undertake a range of lobbying, communications and other activities to inform and improve the policymaking environment galvanised actions by engaging constantly policymakers, including donors and politicians, of the value of financing for nutrition-sensitive and inclusive social protection with support from the Manager.
- Support the development of communications materials and participate in the review and comment on print and electronic media materials including scripts, posters, leaflets, video/audio recordings
- To support the Jigawa state to implement the Social Protection Policy.
- Support policy dialogue and a successful record of accomplishment in advocacy and strategies for influencing policy decision-makers on social protection.
- Identify government counterparts that will mentored and train on nutrition-sensitive and inclusive social protection program in Jigawa State.
- Contribute to all efforts to raise/nurture CSOs and champions for the program at the state and national level if need arise.
- Organize learning, field visits, knowledge sharing and capitalization workshops at local level to enable lessons learned to be used in future program design.
- Create and maintain a database for all stakeholders engage with CDGP.
- Compile monthly advocacy reports sand share with line manager to be included in the APR, Sitrep and quarterly reports.
- Support the Advocacy Manager for the mission in the timely dissemination of program information internally and externally.
- Prepare press releases and press kits as requested in accordance to Action Against Hunger policy and under supervision of the Advocacy Manager.
- Provide coordination team with regular updates on the political and policy developments in Jigawa State.
- Assist in the development of user-friendly cash transfer and nutrition educational materials for audiences with limited literacy levels.
- Support CDGP advocacy efforts through the development of appropriate communication messaging, materials and tools.
- Develop a mapping using a power analysis of key decision-makers (in the AAH’s operational areas).
- Develop and coordinate partnerships with other partners on advocacy activities (NGO, civil society) and facilitating joint advocacy activities.
- Undertake advocacy and lobbying as required with States decision-making bodies and stakeholders (including Governors, local MPs etc.).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Public Administration or Development / Communication Studies, Rural Development or other related fields.
- Minimum of two years experience in Advocacy and/or communications in the NGO sector
- Any training on Advocacy and Communication, social protection, Gender and Social Inclusion will be an added advantage.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Deadline: 23rd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.