Chayei Agro Managers is an Agric management and consultancy company set to implement best agricultural practices to increase food security.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist / Animal Scientist
Locations: Ibadan, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo
Employment Type: Part time/ Contract
- We are looking for knowledgeable, thorough Agricultural experts who can work with us on part-time to develop better farming practices and find effective solutions for the food and farming industry. This is an opportunity to earn money as an Agric expert while you do your personal business.
- OND / Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, or related field.
- Relevant experience, at least 4 years
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Ability to manage farms
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples, blood samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant/animal selection process and the development of schedules, budgets, and timelines
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases.
- Advertising and marketing farm products.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields. and livestock
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management. .
- Managing labourers.
Deadline: 30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter stating 3 major crops / livestock they have hands-on experience with starting with the best they are good with, and their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title (Crop Expert or Livestock Expert) as the subject of the mail.