Agramondis is a consultancy firm on a mission to solve complex agricultural challenges at scale, specialising in agriculture, development and agri-business advice. Our consultants support a range of projects from practical agronomy, rural development, agribusiness and food processing, to agri-supply chains and sustainability. We cover a comprehensive range of services worldwide, with a primary focus on West Africa.
We are a values-driven company, measuring all we do against our three core values: intelligence, integrity and care. We are a subscriber to the UN Global Compact, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and are aspiring to achieve B-Corp Certification.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant
Job Type: Full Time
- The Consultant position is for an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional who is a quick learner in possession of a sharp mind, acute attention to detail and a passion for our scope of work: agriculture, development and agribusiness in all its facets.
- As an Agramondis Consultant, you will have the opportunity to develop and realise strategies with clients across the private, public and social sectors.
- You will work across multiple value chains to make a tangible impact to the agriculture sector in Africa and worldwide.
- You will join a dynamic team of passionate consultants and experts with varied backgrounds, including agronomy, agricultural economics, extension, engineering, social sciences, marketing, commerce and banking.
- We are united by our passion for agriculture and sustainability, and our belief that business and markets can be a source for good.
- Founded in 2019, Agramondis is a dynamic and growing organization.
- This opening is an opportunity to be part of the exciting process of shaping the company through its formative years.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up, manage and contribute to research projects.
- Write high-quality proposals and reports, including summarising results and developing recommendations for clients.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis (e.g. industry level analysis of agri-commodity sectors).
- Interact with, and advise clients.
- Support our business development efforts through active acquisition and networking.
- Contributing to Agramondis external profile through blog posts, articles and participation in professional fora.
- Going the extra mile to serve our clients by creating long-term value for their organization and their stakeholders, with a focus on building long-term partnerships.
- Further specific responsibilities will be agreed based on candidate skills and need across the team.
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- BSc in Agriculture, Development, Business, Economics or related disciplines.
- A total of 3+ years of professional working experience in relevant roles.
- Working in a values-driven organisation inspires you.
- Ability to write and speak concisely and clearly.
- Excellent writing skills in style and form.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts, patterns and theories and translate them into practical advice.
- Willingness to take responsibility and manage tasks from start to finish with diligence and attention to detail.
- Well-developed social skills, communication skills and team orientation
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word and Excel, working proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Solid business ethics and commitment to working to high personal and corporate standards.
The following skills will add to your profile favourably:
- Secondary degree in a relevant discipline.
- Working proficiency in French, spoken and written.
- Experience with data management and analysis packages, such as PowerBI, Tableau, SPSS, SAS.
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, Theory of Change and Impact Assessment.
- Past consulting or advisory experience in the agriculture sector.
- Experience in farm management or advisory.
- Proven project management experience or qualifications (such as Prince2, IPM)
What We Offer
- Clear growth opportunities tailored to your ambition.
- A working environment of passionate and diverse colleagues and global subject matter experts.
- Inspiring, high-energy work environment (including working in the same office as Farmcrowdy and PlentyWaka).
- Access to a large network in global markets.
- Development of your leadership skills and profile as an expert.
- Intellectual challenges through highly relevant and rewarding work.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities in helping to grow the company.
- Contract duration: Initially 1 year, with 3 – month probation period. A permanent position will be offered to candidates with a good fit
- Location of position: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria. Stationing in Abuja may be negotiable under certain conditions.
- Ability to efficiently work from home is required.
- Reports to: CEO & Consultancy Director.
Deadline: 21st October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online