Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria (AAAN) – The Association was founded in 1973 as a sectoral body within the Nigerian marketing communications landscape and has become a force to be reckoned with both locally and internationally. Formerly known as Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN), the Association formally changed its name from Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN) to Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria (AAAN) on Saturday, May 1st, 2004 at Lekki Peninsula Resort, Ajah, Lagos during its 31st AGM / Congress. AAAN is the umbrella body that coordinates and promotes the interest of Advertising Agencies in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director for the Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job grade: Director Grade
Reporting lines: Reports to the President of AAAN and the Executive Board of the Association.
Starting date: As soon as possible
- The AAAN Director is accountable for leadership and management of the Association and for high-level communications with strategic partners, the AAAN Board and Members and connections to all stakeholders in the marketing communications industry and beyond.
- The director is also responsible for the strategic direction and integrated management of AAAN with its team.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in Organization development programmes, preferably in the Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) industry.
- A visionary with demonstrated ability to drive the Association’s vision and deliver results.
- Proven ability to grow an organization.
- Professional Association management experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be APCON certified
- At least 10 years of successful (people, financial and programmatic) management experience with multicultural teams.
- Reputation for strong partnering skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated Strategic and Tactical Planning skills with ability to focus on high return services.
- In-depth experience in working on governance, preferably also in a professional association organisation.
- Relevant post-graduate degree
- Strong communications skills (clear, concise, politically savvy) with public speaking experience.
- Current or former Director in a reputable organization / Professional Association.
- Contract will be for one year starting on or before December 2020 with options to renew for an additional two years if all parties agree. The Board of Directors will consider future compensation options based on overall organization performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume with reference; and include a separate narrative addressing both the mandatory and desired qualifications. Application packages should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- Any inquiries can be sent to the email above. Applications will be treated strictly confidential.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 26th October, 2020.