The University of Calabar came into being on the strength of Decree No. 80 of 1979. Starting academic work in 1975, the University has the object of encouraging the advancement of teaming and providing opportunities for all persons to acquire higher and liberal education.
In compliance with the provisions of Section 85(3) (a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, and the relevant guidelines from the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation, the University of Calabar invites applications from suitably qualified candidates (internal and external) for appointment into the position below:
Job Title: External & Internal Auditor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- Evidence of Firm’s registration with Corporate Affairs Commission by submission of Certificate of Incorporation or Certification of Registration whiohever is applicable.
- Provide an activity plan (project plan) of actions to achieve the objectives of the external audit function, specifying budgeted hours, timeline and sequence for the proposed audit.
- Evidence of work experience of the Firm in executing or having executed similar projects by submission of letters of engagement and evidence of successful completion of same in the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of the Firm’s registration with the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation.
- Evidence of current Practicing License (Certificate)
- The Firm’s profile stating the key personnel, their roles, designation, qualifications and years of experience. Copies of professional qualification certificates of the key staff with the institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) must be attached.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate from 2016 to 2019. f
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (l.T.F.) Certificate valid for 2019.
- A Sworn Affidavit certifying as follows:
- The Company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
- The Company does not have any director who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria and any other Country for criminal offences in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
- That no officer of the University of Calabar or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director or shareholder of the company.
- That all information presented in the documents are true and correct in all particulars.
- Audited Accounts of the Firm for the last three (3) years duly signed and stamped.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2018 and 2017) in the case of a limited liability firm and evidence of Personal income Tax Certificate in case of a Business Enterprise.
- Evidence of VAT registration.
- Evidence of financial capability (Bank reference) from a reputable bank stating the company’s creditworthiness.
- Evidence of registration on the National Data Base of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers, by inclusion of Interim Registration Report valid for 2019 issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- A candidate should possess a good honours degree in Accounting not below Second Class Lower Division (22) or HND in Accounting from a reputable University or Polytechnic and must have risen to the rank of Chief Internal Auditor or equivalent position and served for not less than five (5) years.
- A candidate should be a member of either ICAN or ANAN or similar professional body and should have a minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification experience.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who are computer literate and with experience relating to University Internal Auditing.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested audit firms should submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications in sealed envelopes marked “Appointment of External Auditors” while candidates interested for the post of Internal Auditor should submit twenty (20) copies as well of their Applications in sealed envelopes marked “Appointment of Internal Auditors”.
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
University of Calabar,
P.M.B. 1115, Calabar,
Cross River State.
Note: Only shortlisted firms shall be contacted.