Alter for Change is an arm of A&PPL, a performance improvement consultancy business with its core value proposition to assist its clients with identifying, planning, and implementing operational performance improvement initiatives, in order to achieve operational performance excellence.
One attribute of the firm is our unique ability to marry technological expertise, business know-how, and transformation experience from a wide range of disciplines to our solutions, products, and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Executive
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- To prepare, approve, sign and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company’s behalf when authorised by the board of the directors or the responsible executive.
- Ensure proper protection of company and clients business from trouble by anticipating and helping to circumvent problems;
- Keep A4C and external clients up to date on new business laws and regulations;
- Provides advice on labour relations, employee contracts, tax issues, employee injury, patents, and contracts with clients / employees / vendors;
- To advise, in conjunctions with the company’s solicitors, the chief executives and / or other executives, in respect of legal matters, as required.
- Deal with inquiries from solicitors and other external agencies and advice the company / client of the next step accordingly;
- Advise corporate clients and employees on their legal rights and obligations;
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
- Organizing, preparing agendas for and taking minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs);
- Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members of the legal, governance, accounting, and tax implications of proposed policies;
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Assist in the coordination of work within the HR unit
- Provide legal assistance with writing job descriptions
- Assist in notices and advertisements preparations for vacant staff positions.
- Provide assistance in developing HR plans.
- Handle all related administrative chores
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- A Legal Practitioner, or a Law graduate that has been called to bar;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years post-graduation experience;
- Must have worked in a similar position for not less than 3-4 years;
- General business interest and awareness;
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization;
- People management skills;
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Past working experience in a Bank or Financial Sector;
- Chartered Secretary or on the route to qualification;
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications;
- Past working experience in a Management Consulting;
- Copywriting skills.
Deadline: (Midnight Nigerian Time); 19th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF / Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with the company Safeguarding Policy.
- The Cover Letter should include why you want this role and why you are a suitable candidate, outlining relevant experiences;
- Candidate must be resident in Abuja and should be able to resume within short notice.