White Soul Motors Limited incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to engage the services of a Workshop Manager to join our team in Calabar.
- The Workshop manager will lead the activities of the maintenance department to ensure that fleet is available, dependable and safe at all times.
- The Workshop Manager would be responsible for the general servicing, maintenance, repair of the vehicles, investigating causes of breakdowns and sanctioning the culprits if any.
Key Functions of the Role
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the workshop, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices
- Organize and supervise the servicing, maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet and ensure that the vehicles are in good working conditions at all times.
- Ensure that the workshop is functional at all times and that vehicles awaiting repairs are attended to with dispatch.
- Track fleet usage and maintain an accurate inventory of equipment.
- Ensure the maintenance records for fleet are accurate and up-to-date.
- Investigate and diagnose the causes of vehicle breakdown and accidents and apportion blames accordingly by ensuring that defaulters take financial responsibility of the cost of repairs.
- Supervise, schedule or assign work to mechanics and other maintenance personnel.
- Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Recover to base all broken down vehicles or accidental trucks with dispatch.
- Coordinate the activities of Mechanics and instill discipline on them.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of all of the vehicle fleet and other technical support equipment to ensuring that overhauls, preventative maintenance and repair are done in a cost-effective manner, with attention given to quality and longer duration of vehicles.
- Ensure that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost-effectively, with quality service
- Ensure that the vehicles are maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems
- Analyse maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Organize training in conjunction with the HR/Fleet unit for all the drivers especially on how to handle minor break downs.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly maintenance reports
- Any other duties related to or arising from the performance of what is listed above.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum of 7years experience
- Proven experience working with trucks, drivers and semi-literate mechanics
- Must be able to develop and maintain best practices for workshop procedures
- Must be experienced in interpreting manufacturers’ manuals, using modern diagnostic equipment and implementing preventive maintenance procedures
- Hands-on experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of truck’s components and maintenance of such components.
Deadline: 18th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Role as the subject of the email.