Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 73,500 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. We proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Analyst – Risk & Controls
Type of Job: Permanent or Regular
- Do you have strong social, organizational and problem solving skills, are you customer oriented and do you want to work for a Top Employer with international career opportunities?
- If so, then please keep on reading.
- We are looking for an Analyst Risk & Controls who will work in Nigeria and be responsible for supporting the implementation of a comprehensive structure of business units, to protect company assets and interests, and to ensure the business is carried out in an orderly, efficient and integrity manner, in compliance with PMI and local Principles and Practices and with local/international regulations.
- This role will be a member of a global Risk & Controls team with opportunities to participate in projects at local/regional/global level which can bring international exposure and career opportunities.
Read further if you want to learn what the main responsibilities of the role are:
- Coordinate with Manager Risk & Controls comprehensive integrated risk assessment with Compliance and Corporate Audit functions.
- Provide real-time support and challenge to management when developing and implementing new processes and projects.
- Constantly monitor business changes that could affect controls within processes applicable to affiliate.
- Cooperate with External Auditors and Corporate Audit on the performance of their reviews.
- Facilitate and drive risk analysis with local management to support the identification, assessment and management of risks.
- Perform reviews as per audit plans with sufficient depth and breadth that identify any business risks to which the company might be exposed
- Ensure that issues reported are followed-up and resolved. Continuous report to management about status of their resolution.
Principles and Practices:
- Guide various company departments in the preparation of effective P&P, functional standards or guidelines, to ensure formalization on roles and responsibilities and expected activities to be performed and review them before submission to Management for approval.
- Maintain P&P platform and corresponding intranet pages to ensure published P&Ps or Functional Standards are current, up-to-date and available in corresponding languages for all affiliates in PAE markets.
- Monitor local P&Ps and functional standard expiration dates and follow up with the responsible department to ensure timely update.
- Identify areas where new P&P need to be applied.
- Create awareness on PMI P&P and functional standards within the company, by communicating changes and updates.
- Prepare training material and provide training to the relevant audience about Fiscal Compliance Program. Attendance must be registered in corresponding repository tool for any future reference
- Support different functions within the PAE markets in the preparation of any exception related to PMI 09C, PMI 10C and PMI 11C.
- Review volume monitoring comments to ensure reasonableness before obtaining approval from Finance Head of each PAE affiliate.
This position can be something for you if you recognize yourself in the below profile:
- Hold a Business or Accounting Degree and/or hold a professional Accounting Qualification (CPA and/or MBA)
- Have at least 2+ years of experience within Finance or Audit in a multinational company.
- Experience in one of the big 4 (PWC, Deloitte, KPMG and/or E&Y) is desired.
- Have a strong understanding of operational/ financial / compliance / IT controls, IT literacy and are digital savvy
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with the ability to solve complex problems with smart and calculated risk-taking.
- Demonstrate agility and entrepreneurial spirit, initiate action and lead others to follow
- Have strong investigative, critical thinking skills, ability to connect the dots and attention to detail.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Are collaborative, a team player, customer-oriented and a quick learner
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver to established timeframes.
- Able to engage, challenge and influence employees at all levels in the organization.
- Embrace change and motivated by uncertainty
- Have experience on control environment in manufacturing and commercial processes (B2B and B2C) including digital solutions design and implementation
- Experience in SOX 404, working with Shared Service Center and third-party managed outsourced processes is an asset.
What We Offer
- Challenging and very rewarding role with a significant amount of ownership in a dynamic international environment,
- Collaboration with a team of great professionals with limitless possibilities of sharing knowledge with the best experts in their field,
- Participation and leadership of a significant number of strategic projects that make an impact on the whole organization
- Excellent career development opportunities,
- Competitive remuneration package with an extensive benefit scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online