Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Team Lead
Locations: Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara
Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks State Team Leads for offices in Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara States for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 01 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Zamfara States.
The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and support the Chief of Party with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and prevention services for all populations, as well as by strengthening Ministry of Health governance
- Supervise clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff and Chemonics home office staff
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that permit it to achieve epidemic controls for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Scale evidence-informed combination prevention
- Integrate data from legacy systems into a central data system to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery
- Oversee and monitor site-level performance, including clinical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, public health, epidemiology, or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant development experience working as a manager in public health programs in a developing country
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in components of HIV/AIDS programming, as well as cross-cutting areas such as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS)
- Proven experience analyzing data and leading service scale-up
- Proven experience utilizing data to increase efficiency and streamline programs
- Experience with USAID projects and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Candidates currently residing in the states of Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Data Analytic and Visualization Officer
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Data Analytics and Visualization Officer for the USAID funded Strategic HIV / AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One in northwestern Nigeria.
- SHARP Task Order One will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Please note this position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Data Analytics and Visualization Officer under the supervision of Director, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, will provide analytics and data visualization technical assistance and support to the country program and state offices for routine and survey data. This involves: providing and coordinating technical assistance and capacity building in data analysis and data visualization; supporting the analysis of large datasets; assisting with programming charts and other data display / visualization products, and promoting easy access to these products, and enhancing the capacity to perform custom analyses within program teams.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Performance monitoring: Communicating with, supporting, and guiding counterparts in Country program and state offices regarding their health database development, data visualization, and improvement needs. Adapts existing health informatics tools and data capture systems to project-specific data collection and data dissemination needs and to ensure accessibility and usability of systems for SHARP TO 1 and implementing partner teams.
- Data visualization: provides support and leadership for central programs and State offices to design and develop health informatics tools in response to SHARP TO 1’s information needs. Helps with programming data visualization products, including producing regular high-quality analysis products at global and country program level. Leads and motivates teams to produce timely and high-quality results from LAMIS, DHIS, and NDR databases
- Analysis of large datasets provides support and leadership for central programs and State offices to run an analysis of large program and survey datasets
- Technical Assistance: Trains and supervises others in specific data capture, processing, visualization, and design tasks. Reviews output and outcome indicator calculations in databases, drilling down of analysis to the site level, and export/import of data and information products between different software applications, while maintaining data integrity.
- Data Quality and Security: Support the development and implementation of data quality control measures that will monitor accurate and complete capture of health program data. Develops and ensures adherence to policies that ensure the security and confidentiality of SHARP TO 1 identifiable health data, including adherence to relevant national and international standards and Open Data guidance.
- Representation and Documentation: Contribute to the development of concept notes, data reporting templates and tables, job aids, user guides, and standard operating procedures. Represents SHARP TO 1 and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to health data analytics and visualization issues. Documents best practices in data analytics and visualization and disseminates appropriately.
- Remains informed of current issues regarding data analytics and visualization applications and trends in the field by review of current literature and involvement in professional networks
- Support SHARP TO 1 operational research activities
- Performs any other related duties assigned
- Bachelor and / or Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development, Information Design, Communications, Statistics, or related with a concentration in data visualization, monitoring & evaluation, or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional design experience working in the field of data visualization/ information design.
- Strong design eye and demonstrated experience in understanding and interpreting complex ideas and / or data into visual information.
- A strong design portfolio with samples of information design work, highlighting strengths as a visual communicator.
- Advanced experience using Tableau. Experience using Power BI a plus.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel. Experience creating dashboards using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work independently and manage a wide range of activities on a daily basis with limited supervision.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and work under tight deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: MEAL Health Informatics Associate
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an Administrative Assistant for the USAID funded Strategic HIV / AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One in northwestern Nigeria.
- SHARP Task Order One will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV / AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Please note this position will be based in Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, and Zamfara State Nigeria.
- The MEAL Health Informatics Associate under the supervision of the State MEAL Officer will be responsible for the deployment and implementation of the SHARP TO 1 electronic medical record – LAMIS and site-level data quality.
- MEAL Health Informatics Associate will work with others at headquarter, state offices, and facilities to ensure that the project electronic medical record (EMR) are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s needs. In addition to ensuring the following;
- Deploy LAMIS with key Performance components that include all relevant summary forms and ensure optimal functioning of the system across service delivery points
- Onboard the project LAMIS on the National Data Repository (NDR) according to the donor requirement
- Work with health facilities, state-level, and country office staff to provide support and guidance on the project’s electronic medical record systems and to ensure compliance with USAID and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide support to facilities in the states, including interacting with site Program Managers and M&E focal points to ensure these parties understand and can support EMR timely reporting requirements.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the implementation of LAMIS to the facilities and state staff
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs), assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports and provide supportive supervision.
- Support validated daily data entry into DHIS and high-frequency reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or other relevant fields with 1-3 years’ experience in software development and hardware repairs
- Experience in LAMIS development and deployment
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to work collaboratively and independently, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience working on LAMIS
- Familiarity with PEPFAR USAID Key Performance indicators
- Previous experience in technical capacity building; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively, and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural, and multigender environment.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within the State.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 16th November, 2020.