Blowfish Hotel Limited is the ultimate oasis of comfort and style, where sophistication and attitude seamlessly blend with timeless design. A modern boutique hotel in Lagos, the Blowfish Hotel is proof that the new rules of elegance are crisp, clean, and modern, without fuss or complexity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Investigating faults in the network and updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- Excellent time management.
- Good knowledge of Software/Hardware Installations, Operating Systems, LAN, WAN etc.
- A previous experience in a hospitality environment is preferred
- A current/previous experience of MS Dynamic NAV, Micros and Opera is an advantage
- Working knowledge of MS Server, SQL, ADDCis an added advantage
- Must possess at least an HND in Computer Science or related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Applicants must have 2-4 years’ experience in the above-mentioned field.
- Excellent knowledge of routers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Skilled in NVR and DVR – CCTV operations
- Candidate must not be above 28years of age.
- Candidate must be ready to resume immediately.
Deadline: 24th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications attaching an updated CV to: email@example.com with “IT Support Officer” as the subject of the mail.