St. Saviour’s School Ebute – Metta, the pioneer School of the St. Saviour’s Schools (St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta and St. Saviour’s School, Ikoyi) was founded in 1951 and for 47 years provided quality education to primary school-age children. In 1998 the St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta in a bid to continue nurturing children, started the nursery school and today proudly provides an enabling environment which inspires excellence and lifelong learning to children between ages 3 and 11.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Head Teacher
Employment Type: Full-time
- Working with the Headteacher and others, the Deputy Headteacher will support evaluation of the school’s performance to identify areas for continuous improvement. The Deputy Headteacher will take a shared responsibility for creating a conducive and productive learning environment for the pupils.
- Undertake the normal responsibilities of the class teacher or subject teacher
- Attend Senior Management Team (SMT) meetings
- Assist the Head Teacher in leading and managing the school
- Undertake such duties as are delegated by the Head Teacher
- Deputise for the Head Teacher, as and when the need may arise
- Play a major role under the overall direction of the Head Teacher in formulating and reviewing the School Development Plan (SDP) and the aims and objectives of the school by:
- Establishing the policies through which they shall be achieved
- Leading and managing staff and resources to that end
- Monitoring progress towards their achievement
- Carry out the duties of a general class teacher as detailed in the school’s class teacher job description.
Support the Head Teacher to:
- Track the implementation of the School Development Plan
- Maintain and develop the ethos, values and overall purpose of the school
- Formulate the aims and objectives of the school and policies for their implementation
- Develop improvement initiatives which will translate the school goals into actions
- Organise, manage and supervise school activities
- Support the Head Teacher in the development, organisation and implementation of the school’s curriculum
- Support the Head Teacher in reviewing and updating school policies on curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment, recording and reporting
- Assist in ensuring that the learning and teaching provided by different teachers and teaching teams is in alignment with the curriculum for each subject matter
- Assist in ensuring that information on pupil progress is used to improve teaching and learning
- Lead our quality assurance systems to ensure outstanding performance of all teachers and to raise standards
- Develop management and leadership skills within staff through the development and effective implementation of training plan
- Track feedback from parents to ensure all complaints are resolved within the shortest time possible
- Ensure the development, organisation and implementation of the school’s policy for the personal and social development of pupils including pastoral care and guidance
- Monitor the induction of pupils to ensure effectiveness of the process
- Provide guidance in determining appropriate pupil groupings
- Encourage good behaviour and promote standards of conduct/discipline, regard for authority among pupils
- Promote the culture of independent learning
- Ensure pupil disciplinary cases are handled in line with the school’s disciplinary policy
- Responsible for the line management and performance management of specific teachers and stewards, as required.
- Ensure that teaching staff are prepared and equipped to implement the approved School Development Plan
- Participate in the recruitment and development of teaching and non-teaching staff of the school.
- Coordinate the performance appraisal process of teaching staff
- Provide professional advice and support the identification of training needs.
- Foster positive relationships across the school community
- Advise and assist the Board of Management as required, in exercising its functions including attending meetings and report presentation
- Maintain and develop effective communication and links with parents; provide positive responses to concerns and problems regarding their children’s education and wellbeing.
- Assist with liaising with other educational establishments in order to ensure continuity of learning, progression and curriculum development
- First degree in education or B.Sc with a PDGE
- Master’s degree in Education Management or related field will be an added advantage
- Evidence of professional development through relevant certification(s)
Job Title: 1. Human Resources and Admin Manager
Location: Lagos Lagos,
Employment Type: Full-time
- To lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for the School.
- The HR and Admin. Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits training and development, as well as oversee administrative activities.
- Develop and oversee the recruitment process.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Manage the new hire orientation process
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in school processes or labour laws.
- Ensure all HR records, processes and policies align with the provisions of the Nigerian Labour law
- Manage overtime process, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of staff information to aid Management decision
- Comply with and ensure confidentiality of information and data protection
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation – ensuring internal equity & compliance with applicable laws
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour law.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the School.
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors
- Schedule and screen requests for meetings
- Assist in the organising and hosting of approved hospitality functions.
- Collate the global year plan, under direction of the Head Teacher
- Ensure the School vehicles are well maintained and available to carry out official duties
Training and Development and Performance Management:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development
- Make recommendations on appropriate training interventions
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews
- Design and review performance appraisal tools
Employee Welfare/ Relations:
- Develop initiatives that will ensure employee engagement
- Conduct employee engagement survey from time to time
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues &work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
- Develop policies to ensure smooth employee relations
- Uphold discipline by developing and enforcing relevant policies
Health & Safety Management:
- Ensure the school’s Health & Safety Policy is clearly communicated and available to all
- Ensure the Health & Safety Policy is put into practice and is subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as the situation or legislation changes.
- Ensure systems are in place for effective monitoring, measuring and reporting of Health & Safety issues to the Technical and Building Committees, Board of Management, in consultation with the Head Teacher.
- Ensure the maximum level of security is always maintained.
- Monitor the performance of the School Nurse and ensure that the Sick Bay meets the required standards for Health & Safety, in consultation with the School Nurse
- Liaise with the Board of Management to develop and review procurement policy
- Conduct market survey to negotiate the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for School
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
- Ensure all procurements are in line with the procurement policy
- Oversee the activities of the security, stewards, facility attendants, Communications Officer and School Nurse
- Ensure performance of direct reports are well managed
- Prepare reports on staff issues for Board deliberations as required
- Advise and provide guidance to the Board on employee related issues
- First Degree
- CIPM, CIPD, HRCI Certification
- At least Seven (7) years post qualification experience with at least three (3) of the years overseeing the HR function of a medium or large organization.
- Experience in HR/ADMIN function of a school is an added advantage
Deadline: 27th November, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application along with CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.