Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: POS Programs Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Financial Services
Reporting Line: General Manager, Sales & Distribution
Career Level: Senior Supervisor
Reports To: General Manager, Sales & Distribution
About The Role
- This role is responsible for planning and implementing Paga’s Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal deployment programs and related offerings for mobile money agents. This individual will lead, manage and hold accountable Agent Network Sales and Support staff and manage all aspects of the design and rollout of the POS programs.
- The main goal is to achieve Paga’s POS device penetration while providing the executive management with response actions in keeping in line with set business objectives and develop contingency plans (as required) to address shortfalls or excesses.
- The successful POS Programs Manager will have an interest and/or knowledge of operation within the Financial, FMCG and/or Retail sectors with expertise in data and campaign focused positions.
- Work with senior management to define the vision, scope and requirements for the POS terminal rollout programs. This includes the Support and handling of research, follow up on issues, and the evaluation, installation, and monitoring of potential or selected new vendors/systems.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and foster close collaboration with relevant stakeholders (including device OEMs, banks, PTSPs and Switches) to ensure the highest quality services at the most competitive price
- Champion the sourcing activity by vendors and partners to identify the best providers in technology and latest POS devices globally
- Manage POS terminal orders end-to-end including ensuring all necessary documentations are secured
- Manage Paga POS device specifications, customizations, testing and onboarding process
- Report, on a monthly basis, the POS revenue achieved vs. target for profitability
- Provide competitive insight by monitoring and evaluating market trends for positive revenue on the device offerings Monitor
- Coordinate the servicing and management of the device demands/requirements to ensure 100% functionality
- Develops and documents policies and procedures for in order to ensure compliance with established standards and regulations.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Work with the Marketing team to increase usage of POS services on Paga
- Provide operational leadership, coach and mentor the POS device team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the sub-unit
- Assist/advise Product teams on the design and development of new products that maximize the utility of the POS terminals.
- Acts as the primary interface to Paga’s service providers as relates to POS programs, including banks, PTSPs, Switches and equipment manufacturers.
- Keeps current and maintain extensive knowledge of the Rules and Regulations regarding POS rollout and the processing of card transactions and electronic payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, and any other related social sciences.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including 2+ years managing components of a device program.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with business executives, vendors and peers through effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiating/influencing skills.
- Extensive experience managing stakeholder relationships.
- Adaptive and flexible, can anticipate and adapt to new situations and changing demands and respond proactively to enhance financial performance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively present, explain, negotiate and monitor projects and tasks.
- Highly regiment and detail oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Able to perform independently and as part of the team; be both hands-on and a high-level strategic thinker. Team player, highly collaborative, with ability to manage a diverse team.
- Experience in managing projects with an ability to handle multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation. High degree of initiative and results orientation.
- Experience in device specification development, device supply, device retail/sales, channel development and problem management
- Experience with FMCG, Marketing or Retail Category Management preferred.
- Experience in customer management, market research, marketing strategy development, execution, and performance tracking
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a time sensitive environment.
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institutions, payment processing flows (especially electronic payments), and the financial networks for processing.
- Working knowledge of Banking/Financial Institution regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to understand, use, monitor, and evaluate varying types of computer systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply