Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Officer
- Minimum of National Diploma in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related courses.
- Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in Radio Operations and general office administration is a must.
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Be focal point for VHF and HF communication between the base and teams on field missions according to needs and SOPs.
- Monitor the AAH frequencies and clear them from non-authorized users.
- Keep the radio logbook (location, date and hour of important messages or events) as indicated on SOPs.
- Transmit or relay messages between teams or AAH Nigeria bases when signal is low.
- Ensure all security advisories from the Field Coordinator are immediately relayed to the staff and immediately report sensitive/security related matters to the supervisor or Field Coordinator.
- Organise scanning, photocopying and saving of all SCM documents, financial documents and program documents.
- Assist Base Admin arrange for accommodation bookings for visiting staff.
- Assist the Logistics Officer in maintaining inventory of assets within office and accommodation rooms.
- Assist in extracting and inputting data and files from various sources in administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and AAH systems.
- Minimum Basic Salary: N109,897 Per Month
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Deadline: 2nd December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.