APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are currently looking for a commercial driven candidate to join our Team in Onne in the capacity below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
Location: Onne, Rivers
He/She will be responsible:
- To manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the business objectives. Deliver volume targets while remaining focused on relationship with customer portfolio
- To build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base, probe and identify customer needs and provide solutions and actively resolve commercial disputes within set timeframes.
- To communicate significant trends and policies to assigned accounts, ensuring customer relationship management tools are updated on time and are of excellent quality
- To support field sales and key client manager functions in their absence
- To Collaborate with Customer Care team daily to improve overall customers experience.
- Customer relationship management
- Drive the use of E-commerce Products to assigned account base
- Schedule and execute customer phone meetings and face to face meetings when required.
- Attract and develop new customers and new products
- Prepare for Sales meetings with clear agenda, objectives etc.
- Prospect for new accounts or opportunities
- Grow and up-sell to existing accounts, focusing on growth and profitability
- Show strong ability to qualify leads
- Successfully manage negotiation process
- Maintain strong ability to develop winning customer value propositions
- Clearly map stakeholders and understand their needs
- Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant information to and Commercial team.
- Proactively assist Finance and Customer Care in clearing longstanding containers respectively.
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking WACT differentiators to customer’s pains/needs.
- Leverage internal and external financial data to build winning strategies and understand account economics
- Build and execute winning account strategies
- Actively manage call flow
- Build and maintain a strong network of customers
- Thoroughly understand customer drivers, needs and requirements.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree holder from a reputable organisation.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant sales experience
- Strong knowledge about WACT products, terminal and liner shipping markets and industry trends
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Capable of building solid rapport over the phone.
- Passionate, strong initiative, self-driven with commitment to succeed.
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Results orientation
- “Hunting” sales skills
- Best practices sales processes (e.g., account planning, contract negotiations)
- Strong customer knowledge
- Good market and product knowledge.
Deadline: 17th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online