Cowrywise is a digital wealth management platform democratising access to savings and investment products for the underserved but growing millennials in Africa. Joining us would mean being part of an interdisciplinary team with a lofty vision of building the next-generation wealth management platform for Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Software Engineer (Backend)
Job Type: Full Time
About this Position
- We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to help us as we scale out our engineering infrastructure, software, and services
- Talk to us if you are interested in a fast-paced environment and if you are passionate about using technology to solve exciting problems.
Your Role Will Involve
- Working within the engineering team to build new product features and enhancements, while solving some of the most interesting problems in financial analysis, machine learning, payments systems, and infrastructure scaling.
- Building internal and external interfaces (API) for a diverse set of touchpoints, while also consuming other 3rd party interfaces.
- Collaborating with product designers, product managers, and the rest of the team to bring to life new experiences for our customers.
- Working on scaling our backend infrastructure on AWS, including writing automation scripts and technical documentation.
- Contribute to raising our engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What We Look For
- 3+ years of experience developing backend software applications, web or mobile applications, and public-facing APIs.
- Our infrastructure is purely nix-based, so we’d love to see you have a good experience working with production apps on Linux environments and you’re not afraid of being dropped in front of a shell prompt.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background.
- Solid knowledge of writing software in Python. Good knowledge of Django and other Python frameworks will be an added advantage, including experience with caching, queuing, and asynchronous tasks and frameworks.
- Experience with containers, and container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, TDD, and release processes is a big advantage.
- Sound Knowledge of Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, Falcon)
- Working knowledge of Database Systems (Mysql, Postgres)
- Familiarity with using Linux commands (centos or ubuntu)
- Familiarity with uwsgi, gunicorn, nginx and apache
- Ability to use git
- Good understanding of REST principles and a fair understanding of building RESTful APIs with Django rest framework
- Familiarity with Oauth2 and JWT Authentication
- Bonus points for Celery, Redis, Memcache, Docker, RabbitMQ.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online