AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Voyager Plant Optimization Manager
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Job Type: Full Time
Lead sustainability of the VPO (Voyager Plant Optimization) pillars within the brewery as measured by global auditing criteria (coordination of sustainability phase from self-assessments to follow up of action plans) Demonstrated understanding of VPO principles:
- Ensures that Africa / Global standards have been implemented in the Plant
- Manage the VPO program via a structured VPO Steerco
- Ensure VPO Pillar Owner compliance
- Develop annual VPO plan and set short term plans to achieve these targets
- Monitor VPO progress across all pillars and provide feedback
Serve as the brewery VPO subject matter expert and provide guidance to brewery Senior Management:
- Primary VPO resource for the plant
- Actively participate and critique plant daily, weekly and monthly meetings and ensure VPO standards are fully implemented and sustained
- Assist Department Management teams in developing sustainability plans to identify and close gaps
- Facilitate the Plant 1-year and 3-year planning process
- Manage MCRS
- Evaluate plant meetings and provide feedback to managers on meeting effectiveness and identify opportunities to improve structure and tool usage
Lead and coach Managers on the correct use of the Management pillar tools and methodologies:
- Conduct monthly Management Pillar department reviews and provide constructive feedback to departments on current status with recommendations to drive continuous improvement
- Coaches and guides all levels on the VPO Management Pillar in practice
- Ensure implementation of VPO and the adherence to VPO principles across all pillars
- Ensure that where training implementation is undertaken, it is done following AB InBev policies and procedures.
- Interact with management teams to determine training needs.
- Where necessary, develop training material to address specific needs of shift based and engineering teams.
Lead, facilitate and coach Problem Solving (5-Why, Ab-reports, PDCA, Gapa, ITF, Belts):
- Conduct problem solving training
- Facilitate problem solving teams
- Review progress and report on effectiveness of problem solving
Support brewery achievement of Supply KPI targets and results:
- Verify KPI results tracking for ZEP/WEP programs
- Support KPI training / education at all levels
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of monthly VPO reporting info.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. / HND in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Diploma in Packaging / Brewing (IBD)
- 5 years experience in manufacturing environment including 3 years experience in implementing supply chain, production or process improvement related initiatives.
- Prior experience in applying varied industrial engineering related improvement techniques
- Project management capabilities to ensure delivery of initiatives from start-up through implementation to entrenchment, using appropriate communication milestones
- Ability to initiate improvement activities within a subsystem which would optimize the larger system in which it resides
- Ability to apply problem solving skills at all levels (shop-floor to exec teams)
- A good understanding of Change Management Processes Excellent skills and tools transfer capabilities (Train and coach others)
- Astute at reading interplays and subtleties between stakeholder groupings and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear capability and credibility to influence at all level
- Ability to exert influence on technical teams
- Ability to mobilize teams during periods of varied operational stability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online