eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Project Accountant
Purpose of the Position
- The Associate Project Accountant performs daily accounting, finance, and treasury activities as well as additional analysis responsibilities that may include support of the management team in a variety of operational decisions that have a financial impact.
- S / he engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Enters and maintains the organization’s on-site daily accounting records.
- Carefully track all fixed and variable expenses. Differentiate between funded and unfunded expenses to ensure proper calculation of eHA’s indirect cost rate.
- Assists in providing reports to Management on expense variances from approved budgets.
- Provides assistance in the preparation of the project budget in accordance with grants and contracts.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Ensures proposed expenditures are within budget and the appropriate documentation trail is in place. Ensures appropriate approvals are in place prior to spending, If expenditures are out of the approved annual budgets.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting data and assures documentation is always up to date.
- Engages in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the organization.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Finance and Accounting or any other related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional accounting / finance experience preferably with a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work independently and comfortably coordinating multi-country staff.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding business acumen, balancing financial strategy with day-to-day fiscal excellence.
- A proven track record of achievement in the areas of finance and accounting as well as a master of spreadsheets.
- Must understand accounts payable, receivables, and be able to work effectively and efficiently in the organization’s accounting system.
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting and budget holding principles.
- Demonstrated passion for Relief International’s mission, cultural sensitivity, and comfort interfacing with leaders in all parts of the world.
- Strong work ethic, customer service orientation, and willingness to roll-up sleeves when necessary; strive for continuous improvement.
Certifications and Licenses:
- ACCA, CFA, ACA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is desired.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online