Newage Solutions and Technologies Limited is an ICT Firm with offices in United States, United Kingdom & Nigeria; Providing services in the areas of Software Development, Deployment & Support, Database, Computer/Network/Telecoms Infrastructure, Business Process Outsourcing, Enterprise Solutions, Digital Marketing, IT Security, Cloud Solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Business Development Manager’s primary role is improving and growing a business, by establishing and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners.
- Will be tasked with identifying new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
- This role will involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, enhancing the operation of the business, position and reputation.
- BSc / MSc in any relevant field with minimum of 3yrs proven experience.
- Proven background in business development & sales.
- Strong track record of B2C, B2B and B2G sales at corporate level or demonstrated achievement.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- Excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates.
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of office productivity and project management tools.
- Excellent Team-working skills and a collaborative approach to work.
- Decision-making skills and ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Project management, organisational and negotiating skills.
- Ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
- Ability to analyse sales figures and write reports.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- Strong research and strategic analyzing skills.
- Skilled at agreeing and closing deals with clients.
- Ability to take initiatives and work without or less supervision
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone.
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
- Draw up client contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by support staff.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products and services and be able to advise others about them.
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate.
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department.
- Liaise with the project, finance, marketing and appropriate teams.
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
Deadline: 18th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online