Ruff ‘n’ Tumble is an indigenous Children’s clothing brand that specializes in the manufacturing and retail of apparel, footwear and accessories for children from ages 0-16. We are frontiers in the garment manufacturing industry in Nigeria and have become a thought leader and driver in the same space.
We are in the forefront of creating jobs with a platform that supports young people in the creative space to find expression in a structured setting, with a workforce mostly made up of young creatives. We believe strongly in the possibilities that abound in Nigeria and have been committed for 23 years to showing the world these possibilities through our standard of excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Buying Assistant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A first degree in any related discipline.
- Buying and Merchandising training certification is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in buying, experience in fashion buying would be an added advantage.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft office
- Knowledgeable in managing wide product range
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal)
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good organizing, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent Numerical and Analytical Capability.
- Knowledgeable in buying a wide product range
- Knowledgeable in clothing buying trends
- Knowledgeable in managing buying logistics from international market to Nigeria
- Knowledgeable in managing and maintaining relationship with foreign suppliers
- Knowledgeable in buying data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of sourcing from International fashion market
- To maintain awareness of all fashion and market trends and new brands or designers and review them as potential suppliers.
- Assist the Buying Manager to capture all relevant commercial and product information from buying appointments and attend key appointments with the Buyer when required.
- Monitor current season stock and propose repeat orders where appropriate.
- Ensure all authorized reorders are placed in timely manner with supplier and raised by the Merchandising Team.
- Monitor and maintain A-Season stock in terms of depth on sizes and re-order when required.
- Inform stores of planned deliveries.
- Organize and administer stock swaps
- Partner with merchandising team to ensure stock is moved between stores when required.
- Assist increating seasonal markdown plans
- Arrange and organize all buying appointments.
- Maintain buying spreadsheets and records with all product information.
- Maintain buying spreadsheets for own departments and keep Open To Buy up to date.
- Provide the Merchandising team with all relevant product details, including exchange rates and mark ups to ensure orders are raised accurately and efficiently and with correct authorization to ensure speedy administration through the business
- Booking and authorizing release of deliveries
- Liaise with accounts department regarding supplier payment terms, discount and stock discrepancies.
- Prepare departmental reports including weekly company collection and sell-through reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position applied for as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 24th December, 2020.