Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC). The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant assists him/her in all the activities related to human resources management at Maiduguri base office.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Administrative management & follow-up:
- Organize the necessary personnel and contractual documents for all base staff
- Ensure that all HR files are complete and updated
- Manage the physical and electronic archival of HR files as per the archiving and filing process
- Prepare administrative equipment of base staff (ID cards,, medical insurance cards, etc.)
- Record minutes of meetings when asked by the line manager
- Receive and compile any claims from base national staff, and report them to his/her line manager
- Prepare, compile and share mission documents on a weekly basis (job announcements, recruitment follow up, etc.)
- During onboarding of new staff, prepare all documentation for base staff to ensure they benefit from all social covers offered by PUI
- Update the base internal contact list on a monthly basis by compiling and verifying data received from bases
- Prepare the HR files for audit and verification visits
- Assist the Deputy HR manager in the preparation of meetings when needed
Human Resources management for national staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of HR information
- Assist the Deputy HR Coordinator in the implementation and respect of HR policy and procedures
- Prepare local staff contracts and amendments and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms & conditions
- Keep track of the base staff leaves and update concerned tools accordingly
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisals deadlines for national staff and inform their managers accordingly
- Regularly update the coordination HR database,
- Ensure the respect of terminatioon procedures and prepare all necessary documents
- When delegated, update the base and key staff organizational charts
- Maintain and ensure the completion of all recruitment documents in HR files
- File and archive the resumes received on the email address and transfer them to recruiters
- Be the focal point for the communication with candidates throughout the whole process
- Schedule technical tests and interviews
- Assist the Deputy HR manager in the recruitments at base level and attend interviews when needed
- Prepare the integration of any new employee
- Assist in identifying training institutions as per the identified needs
- Assist the line Manager to organise or plan trainings
- Archive training certificates and attendance sheets in HR files as per the archiving process
- Forward to line manager the identified skills to be improved that were reported in performance appraisals
- Update the concerned tools according to trainings received
- S/he collates information form staff monthly regarding the advances on salaries request
- Update all changes related to change of bank account for Base staff in the HR data base
Note: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the department
- Assist in the good application of the ISR and guidelines
- Digitalization of the HR files assist in the physical and electronic archival of HR files as per the archiving and filing process
- Ensure a confidentiality on all HR matters
- Assist in the implementation of capacity building plan
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisal deadlines for national staff
- Ensure that all base staff are well registered to benefit of all social and medical coverage provided by PUI.
- Language skills: Fluent in Hausa and English, Kanuri is a plus
- Education Degree: University Degree in Human Resources, Public Admnistration, Social Sciences or related field
- Work experience: at least 6 months Experience in Human Resources management (in a NGO would be preferable).
Knowledge and skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Knowledgable about the Nigerian Labor Law and the provisions of the National Social Security law;
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel.
- Committed to engage in the humanitarian field
- Well organized
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to work under pressure.
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Monguno, Borno
Open To: Nigeria Nationals Only (Male/Female)
Contract Start Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 7 months (with possible extension)
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Supervisor, the Nurse provides patients consultations in collaboration with Midwife and other team members in the facility.
- S/he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure Quality and continuity of care, promotion and restoration of health of patients and population.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure and conduct the medical consultations with full history taking, clinical examination and provide a diagnosis and prescribe treatment accordingly following the protocols and universal precautions
- Explain clearly the diagnosis and treatment to the patient and make sure that the patients comply with the treatment
- Request for a 2nd evaluation of the patient when needed
- Provide individual health promotion during consultations
- Delegate the treatment cares (distribution of drugs, injections, dressings…) to Nurse assistant
- Manage and report any suspected communicable disease case according to Première Urgence Internationale’s protocols and national Disease Surveillance guidelines
- Execute any action requested by the PM, DPM or Medical Coordinator as part of the outbreak response plan
- Actively participate in the good cohesion and coordination of the team
- Record on a readable manner the health status and medical prescription
- Participate in the follow-up of the waste management according to the waste management procedures
- Collaborate with other departments as needed to ensure smooth implementation and integration of services.
- Participate in any other activities such as vaccination, survey…according to the needs and as directed.
- Maintain the working environment in a clean and presentable state.
Management of an Efficient Referral System:
- Manage the emergency and electives referral cases according to the referral protocol by facilitating the logistics including transportation means, appointment with specialists, laboratory tests etc. in collaboration with OPT supervisor
- Follow up the referred cases, and check the outcome
- Ensuring appropriate follow-up care has been given and taking appropriate action if further care is needed
- Identify and refer patients who need mental health consultation
Medical Data Collection and Reporting:
- Record accurately and on a readable manner, the clinical case management on the patient health card (history taking, physical examination, treatment, investigation, etc.), and patient registration book
- Ensure an accurate daily use and tracking of epidemiological data
- Participate actively in the early warning system and the outbreak response plan
- Collect general information about the people living conditions
- Participate to the assessment of health needs
- Participate to the weekly medical statistic report in collaboration with OPT supervisor and the deputy program manager
- Ensure an oral hand over at every team change over, draw attention to any notable events during the shift
- Report to the supervisor any problem especially the gap/loss/robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines or any patient and organizational issue.
- Inform the direct supervisor of the various needs.
Internal and External Representation:
- Participate in any training in order to improve the quality and efficiency of nursing cares and duties
- Participate actively in meetings when required.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Assessment on beneficiaries at risk and diagnosed individuals with communicable and non-communicable diseases or other diseases of public health relevant and treat him.
- Provide frequent feedback on health-illness patterns observed in the field that require further assessment
- Report to line manager periodically regarding context changes that affect the modality of intervention.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa and good knowledge in Kanuri is an asset
- Education degree: Recognized Nurse Degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation and valid License number.
- At least 2 years of experience in Nursing, or in OPD services. Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good knowledge of Medical Ethics
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief and interest in social issues
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Team Spirit
- Be available for any emergency
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation.
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise authority when required
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 1st February, 2021.
- The M&E Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy MEAL Manager in the Coordination office based in Maiduguri, with travel to bases as needed. The M&E Officer will be responsible for ensuring the complaints handling mechanism is in place across PUI projects. S/he will be responsible to fulfil requirements under the hap humanitarian accountability partnership (hap) standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism and accountability in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- S/he will ensure clear and transparent rules for raising and processing complaints are established and that complaints are recorded and addressed by relevant parts of PUI within a reasonable time-frame and will utilize the information received through the feedback channel to produce periodic reports and analysis that can strengthen programming and increase overall organizational accountability.
Role and Responsibilities
- M&E: She/he will implement all M&E field-related activities;
- Logistics and Administration: She/he will express and anticipate logistical and administrative needs related to M&E activities he or she is implementing;
- Safety and Security: She/he will follow safety and security rules in the base and will transmit all safety and security information to the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
Implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan:
- Coordinate the collection, reporting and validation of monitoring data of project teams and ensure the data reported by Field Officers/Program Managers is accurate and of good quality and reported in a timely manner.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct regular joint field process monitoring, quality assessments and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Ensure that community leaders and beneficiaries are actively participating in all project and M&E activities.
- Assist the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager in supporting project teams in designing and regularly updating project M&E guidelines and tools and ensure that project staff have access and capacity to use the tools.
- Provide training to field level project staff on the use of the M&E system including survey sampling and piloting of M&E tools, conducting assessments and the implementation of periodic evaluation activities including baseline surveys, research and evaluations in all sectors.
- Ensure utilization by all projects of appropriate data collection and reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Undertake regular visits to field locations/project sites to support monitoring and evaluation processes and activities related to all sectors of PUI interventions.
- Support supervision of base level project staff and ensure that their capacities are built and that they are supported to deliver on their day to day M&E work by constant communication and joint field level M&E activities.
Internal and external reporting:
- Update Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager and Program Managers on daily achievements and challenges encountered on the field.
- Contribute and participate in weekly meetings including accurate reporting on successes and challenges;
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a data cleaning and validation process each day;
- Ensure all data is channelled through the IM system
- Develop reports that synthesize and synchronize initial key finding (needs) and results (outputs/outcomes) such as indicator tracking table, etc.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to the MEAL deputy manager and/or MEAL manager
- Pass on any information or problems to her/his direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning her/his task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
Capitalization / Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Use lessons learnt combined with field experience to provide contributions and feedback, including during design phases of field tools and assessments;
- Participate actively in team workshops and lessons learnt seminars;
- Actively engage in ongoing trainings and knowledge building;
- Lead training of beneficiaries, community leaders, community facilitators/mobilisers and Field staff on M&E if needed.
Communication & Follow up:
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached;
- Respond to any requests within PUI that might require an alternative communication method or plan of action;
Logistics & administration:
- Perform administrative support activities for the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager including, but not limited to, preparation of meetings, recording of minutes, verbal and written translation.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools related to M&E activities.
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
Priorities of the Department:
The M&E priorities for the MEAL department are:
- The implementation of MEAL activities for the achievement of results enshrined in the global MEAL plan in collaboration with the beneficiaries, partners and project teams.
- Provision of high quality and accurate qualitative and quantitative data according to external and internal deadlines.
- Supporting the MEAL Department to achieve its strategic goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of PUI to achieve its stated outputs.
- Ensuring a robust MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the projects is of a high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Ensuring a robust and efficient accountability mechanism is in place
- Ensuring high quality data analysis from multiple sources and the production of high quality information products
- Language skills: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri mandatory (speaking/reading/writing);
- Education degree: University Degree preferably in Statistics, Information Management, Management, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Work experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with NGOs or Government Agencies in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and implementation of accountability programming in humanitarian or development programs.
- Knowledge and skills: Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships.
- Competence in using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Experience using SPSS, Stata or EPI info is desirable.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven interest and commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Strong motivation to help people in needs.
- Well organized and attention to details.
- Reliable and rigorous.
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvement.
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker.
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
Deadline: 30th December, 2020.
Note: For Nigeria Nationals only (Female applicants are strongly advised to apply).