The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as detection and management of outbreaks and thus strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Strengthening Nigerian Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme
Outline Job Description
- Support the review of the Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme (NFELP) structure, curriculum and other key aspects
- Support the development of position papers and other communication documents required for stakeholders
- Develop a framework for NFELTP’s integration into NCDC as a unit of the Department of Prevention, Programme and Knowledge Management, including coordination of stakeholders, regular reporting lines etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in Public Health infectious disease epidemiology and surveillance programmes at national, regional or continental levels.
- Proven ability to produce precise reports and briefs with attention to detail
- Proven experience with stakeholder engagement
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of relevant social, political, and ethical issues
- Participation in the Nigerian Filed Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme or other relevant Field Epidemiology Training Programmes would be an advantage
- Knowledge of research governance
- Knowledge of curriculum development principles
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex operations and teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working relationships with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control National Reference Laboratory staff, State level laboratory colleagues and other stakeholders at national and State levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The position carry a competitive remuneration package.
Deadline: 11th December, 2020.